Chapter 46 - The hall of fame

During the housewardens' meeting for the interdorm tournament...

"I call to order this meeting of housewardens. Our agenda today concerns the October Spelldrive tournament." The headmage stated firmly as he stood in front of a large table, where five students and a floating tablet were settled.

"Let us begin with the report from the head of the tournament planning committee: Mr. Ashengrotto of Octavinelle house." Crowley didn't waste time and promptly gestured to the octo-mer, issuing him to speak.

"Greetings. I am Azul Ashengrotto, and it is my honor to lead the planning committee." The silver haired sophomore put up a smile as he looked over the other students.

"I am pleased to announce that we have fully booked the grounds surrounding the coliseum." His expression then turned more serious and professional as he began speaking business.

"All of the kiosk space allotted to both internal organizations and external businesses is now full." When the mer illustrated the situation, Kalim couldn't help but smile and add a comment.

"Sweet! This tournament should be a real lively one, then!" The sunny boy happily said.

"All invitations to various royalty have been sent, and public tickets are selling briskly." Azul showed a pleased smirk as he mentioned that.

"And, as in past years, we have received numerous requests to cover the event from both television stations and print media." He concluded pridefully, elegantly crossing his arms.

"Sounds like the whole world will be watching." The Scarabia dorm leader nodded to himself.

"Before I was admitted here, I looked forward to receiving my VIP invitation every year." Same student hummed happily before turning to the grumpy lion beastman.

"I imagine you got them too, Leona? We might have run into each other at the tournament when we were kids!" He said with a wide smile and the other barely looked over.

"Who knows? And also, who cares?" The dark skinned junior scoffed uncaringly, but the sunshine boy didn't seem at all bothered by that.

"This year, I'll have to work extra hard on my makeup to make sure I'm shining like a diamond on the new Ultravision displays." Pomefiore's housewarden - Vil Schoenheit- pointed out, speaking in a poised manner.

"With all the exertion, I'll need to be touching it up constantly!" The blonde and lilac haired young man then added, clearly peeved at the thought.

"Sigh... House Pomefiore is the only dorm that regularly calls timeouts to fix their makeup." Riddle sighed while shaking his head, sulking slightly in opposition.

"How can you all be so excited to be on TV? Just the idea of it makes me wanna puke." Idia, Ignihyde dorm leader, spoke through the floating tablet in an openly bothered tone.

"Now, as soon as your dorms' player rosters are settled, I'll need your registration documents. Any dorm that is even a single day late-" Interrupting the few casual exchanges between students, Azul began going over another point of the meeting.

"Will be promptly disqualified, I trust." The redhead dorm leader said firmly while slightly lifting up his chin, only to be met with a cunning grin from his year mate.

"No. They will be charged a handling fee. Consider it remuneration for rush processing." The latter corrected with glee and a hand over his chest.

"What? I don't approve of you changing the rules to allow for policy exceptions!" Riddle briefly widened his eyes before shooting a retort in a scolding tone.