Blaze Chapter 4: Long Walk Home

Blaze: I'm good don't worry about nothin. I been putting up with it for so long I'm sure I can withstand it for a few more weeks until I graduation.

I felt so hurt at that point so I just left. The fucked up thing about is buses wasn't running so I had to take a long ass walk home. I'm sure Roc mom could've dropped me but that was ok I wanted to walk and think about my fucked up life.

For a minute there I actually thought It would be safe walking home but I totally forgot about Stacey. Stacey is another leech that is sucking the life out me.I knew at the first start of me selling drugs for him that it wouldn't end. At this moment I don't care if I live or die. Right now I wish I was dead because it would be so much easier. My own parents don't even love me and it sad but I will get through this. I been on the road walking for about and hour now I'm feet are hurting. I still had a long way to go and roc was just texting up my phone. It was four am in the morning and all of a sudden red and blue lights were just flashing. It was coming up behind and it got brighter and bright until the police care pulled up on the side of me. It was the cops!

Police: Why you on the road so late youngster! How old are you?

Blaze: I am just walking and thinking man, I know that aint a crime.

Police: No it aint a crime, but I just got to make sure. I am a police officer, it's my job to make sure everything is ok and you look under age. Your parents know where you at? They could be locked up for having you out on the street like this.

Blaze: Can you lock them up please! I would greatly appreciate it. You don't seem like any other police I've seen before. Also, on a serious note my family don't care about me so why should you.

Police: Why you say that a stupid thing like that. Everyone got family that love them. If your family don't love you then who will.

Blaze: My point exactly! They don't love me though. You're just acting to nice.I'm not on the force but I know you can't be nice when you're a cop. It will be considered as weak.

Police: Well I'm a nice guy tonight only maybe! He started to laugh then he said ", do you want a ride home. I can't leave you walking on the streets like this. If you get hurt or something it's on me".

Blaze: I kind of wanted to walk to clear my mind but a ride sounds great to me. I then thought to myself that if I had stayed on the road I was just a sitting duck for Stacey to pick me off. To think about it my life is fucked right now.

Police: Ok! I tell you what ,you can think and I will listen as I drop you on the way home. He was so persistent that I get home safe that I actually believed he had good in tensions. I just went in the car with him then he pulled off.I know some police does be fucked up, but he seemed so different by the way carry himself. He looked at me then he said ,"How old are you?".

Blaze: How old are you? I'm not a prisoner! You can't ask me these question when I'm in your squad care that's not a good look bro. What's your name?

Police: My name is Axel and I'm 24 years old. How old are you ?

Blaze: Axel? This is the Bahamas!where did you get a name like that?

Police: Don't ask me ask my parents about that name. It's my name and I'm proud of its so what's your name and how old are you. This is the last time I'm asking you? I might have to shoot you cause you ain't cooperating.

Blaze: Everyone call me blaze and I'm about to turn seventeen in a few weeks. I hope I live to see that age because my life is so messed up right now. My family hate me, beats me and I never did anything wrong to them. I get good grades! I'm respectable! What else do I have to do? I just don't know what I've done. My best friend mother just told me I couldn't stay there so I had to leave. They were the only ones that were there for me and made me feel loved. I rather with them more than my own siblings which is sad.

Axel: All that will just make your stronger someday. Don't worry about none of that my young brother,God got a plan for you. I know it might seem hard now but you going to pull through and be somebody. Once you then become that,you can laugh at your folks when they come kissing your ass. It's probably jealousy as well because they see you getting good grades you handsome you on your way to greatness. While they aint doing nothing with their lives. Keep this in mind when you think you doing bad someone in the world are always worst then that trust me. Why your friend mom told you to leave?

Blaze: Nigga you gay calling man handsome and shit? It was a bit of a problem caused by my brothers so she saying she doesn't want be in my family mess which is understandable. He been texting me all night sense I left telling me to come back but I told him I can't. I respect his mom so I can't go back in get house without her blessing

Axel: He a good friend and I'm not gay. I'm a realist.Why can't I compliment another guy without the stereo type of being gay? Stop showing people ignorance young man with the things you saying.I know you better then that

Blaze: I can't believe I'm telling a cop my problems! Wait! nigga you just called me ignorant

Axel: No what you said was ignorant but Sometimes it takes talking about it to make it all better. It's always good to talk to someone about what you're going through to help you understand it.

Blaze: Turn right here then take the third left. You seem really young to be on the force do you live alone? Got kids?

Axel: I do live alone and yes I got a son but me am not my baby mother aren't together.She hardly let's me see him.

Blaze: What happened?

Axel: She had a baby with my brother!

Blaze: Wow that's horrible

Axel: Yea so see everyone got shit they going through but that's cool though. I hope they are happy together because I'm more than happy by myself. She made her choice but my son is the reason I live.

Blaze: At least you got a reason.I'm still trying to find mine. Sometimes I feel like I'm better off dead

Axel: Bro stop that! Stop thinking like that nothing is worth your life. You only live once, so do something about your life to make it better. You change it! It's your life only you can do it so do something about it! make a change! Your life is priceless don't ever think like that you better off dead that's bullshit.

Blaze: your right! This my house right here pull on the side I looked at my fathers car then I said great he is home

Axel: He reaches in his pocket then got a pen and paper he wrote a number on it then he gave it to me. I know you don't know me very well but if you ever need anything bey just give me a call.

Blaze: Thanks a lot! You a good person and I respect this coming from a stranger

Axel: Hey I'm not a stranger you know my name and you know stuff about me so I'm not a stranger anymore but take care yourself alright

Blaze: I will and thanks for the ride again. I got out the car and watched him pulled off. I don't know myself what I'm doing but I have to come home. I don't know where else to go and I got no where else to go. I have my own keys so I am thinking I should sneak up to my room and lock the door. After I locked the door I will then put everything in front of the door to secure! That very plan I thought of was the exact one I will execute once I get to my room.

I turn the key in the door and the house was in darkness thank God! I went up stair to my room then I put the dresser in front of the door as soon as I locked it. I got a pocket knife out of my bottom draw then I put it under my pillow to protect myself. I lie down in my clothes then put my clothes bag on the floor. The next day I woke up scared but I was ready to fight. I could feel it in my belly it was coming. I took a shower then throw on some clothes and answered roc because he wanted to meet up to make sure everything was good.

Everyone went to church so I took the chance to go down stairs to stock up on some food. I was in the and when I close the fridge door my father was standing there looking at me drunk with bat in his hand. I already know how this is going to play out so I put my hand in my pocket to grip my knife. At that moment I decided someone was going to die and it wasn't me!