Chapter 14: A Study in Pink: pt 11

***Recap***

Jeff (instantly): Who'd be a fan of Sherlock 'olmes?

(All three of them stare at each other for a moment.)

Jeff: You're not the only one to enjoy a good murder. There are others like you, except you're just a man ... and they're so much more than that.

(The side of Sherlock's nose twitches in distaste.)

Sherlock: What d'you mean, more than a man? An organization? What?

Jeff: There's a name no one says, an'

(He nods down to the bottles.)

Jeff: Time to choose.

(Sherlock looks down at the bottles, his eyes moving from one to the other. Nikki looks curiously at Sherlock, not knowing if she'd have to save him or not.)

(Elsewhere in the college, John is running through the corridors.)

John (calling out): Sherlock?

(He runs from door to door, trying them and peering in through windows.)

John: Sherlock!

***Now***

(CLASSROOM.)

Sherlock: What if I don't choose either? I could just walk out of here.

(Sighing in a combination of exasperation and disappointment, Jeff lifts up the pistol and points it at Sherlock. Nikki glares at the cab driver, she couldn't wait for him to make a wrong move and once he did Nikki would reveal herself to protect her mate.)

Jeff: You can take your fifty-fifty chance, or I can shoot you in the head.

(Sherlock smiles calmly.)

Jeff: Funnily enough, no one's ever gone for that option.

Sherlock: I'll have the gun, please.

Jeff: Are you sure?

Sherlock (still smiling): Definitely. The gun.

Jeff: You don't wanna phone a friend? (looking to Nikki over Sherlock's shoulder) Tell your girlfriend that you love her.

(Sherlock smiles confidently.)

Sherlock: She already knows that I love her. The gun.

(Nikki's eyes widened in shock at Sherlock's confession. Jeff's mouth tightens, and slowly he squeezes the trigger. A small flame bursts out of the end of the muzzle. Sherlock smiles smugly.)

Sherlock: I know a real gun when I see one.

(Calmly Jeff lifts the pistol/cigarette lighter and releases the trigger. The flame goes out.)

JEFF: None of the others did.

SHERLOCK: Clearly. Well, this has been very interesting. I look forward to the court case.

 I look forward to the court case