Chapter 37: The Great Game: pt 7

***Recap***

Sherlock: Better, love?

Nikki (wrapping her arms around Sherlock's neck and pulling him closer to her): Yes, thank you.

(Nikki then pulls Sherlock down to her where she kissed him passionately, and using her tongue to lick up the blood at the corner of Sherlock's mouth. Sherlock wanted to deepen the kiss but the pair broke apart when they heard John clear his throat.)

John: Maybe the two of you have forgotten that we are on a timer.

Sherlock (looking at his mate with lust filled eyes): Later my love. Right now the game is on.

***Now***

(SIX HOURS TO GO.)

(JANUS CARS. Sherlock, Nikki and John are in the office of the car hire company. John sits at the other side of the desk to the owner, taking notes while Sherlock looks out into the forecourt. Nikki is leaning against the door frame of the office, observing the owner.)

Ewert: Can't see how I can help you gentlemen and miss.

John: Mr. Monkford hired the car from you yesterday.

Ewert: Yeah. Lovely motor. Mazda RX-8. Wouldn't mind one of them myself!

(Sherlock walks over to the other side of the desk so that he's standing beside Ewert, then points into the forecourt. She could smell blood and was glad Sherlock had her feed before coming here or Ewert might have ended up as her meal.)

Sherlock: Is that one?

(Ewert turns his head to look and Sherlock immediately looks closely at the side of the man's neck.)

Ewert: No, they're all Jags. Yeah, I can see you're not a car man, eh?

(Sherlock straightens up as Ewert looks round and smiles at John and winks at Nikki, causing Sherlock to glare.)

Sherlock: But, er, surely you can afford one - a Mazda, I mean?

Ewert: Yeah, it's a fair point. But you know how it is: it's like working in a sweetshop. Once you start picking at the liquorice allsorts, when does it all stop, eh?

(He starts scratching near the top of his left arm with his right hand. Sherlock looks at him for a moment, then turns away to look at Nikki before heading around the room towards the other side of the desk.)

Nikki: But you didn't know Mr. Monkford?

Ewert: No, he was just a client. Came in here and hired one of my cars. No idea what happened to him. Poor sod.

(Sherlock has reached the other side of the desk and stops next to his mate, placing hand on her shoulder telling Ewert that she's unavailable.)

Sherlock: Nice holiday, Mr. Ewert?

Ewert: Eh?

Sherlock: You've been away, haven't you?