36

"Why are you here Jimin?"

The said person just looked at her expressionless. His gaze still on her when he answered. "What are you doing here?"

The stare from both of them continued for a moment. Seems the one tried to extract the information from the other silently.

"Stop looking for Jeongguk. What are you doing to him?"Jimin warned her. His eyes searching for any irregular movement. Yeoni slowly chuckled.

"I didn't do anything. You saw him just now. He's alive and well." She moved her hand slightly. Jimin let out his sharp nail prepared for the worst only stopped to see Yeoni destroying the tree behind her with her swift movement. He stood still in his position while watching her. Yeoni just let him be. 

"If you want to know the truth go find Jeongguk. He'll let you know."

"Why should I believe you?"

"It's okay if you don't but I only tell you the truth."

Jimin scoffed. "Coming from the enemy, should I believe it?"

Yeoni just shrugged continuing her work. 

Suddenly, the faint sound was heard coming from the side. Yeoni quickly turned her head on the sound. The sound became clearer and Yeoni turned her head back meeting with nothing. Jimin was nowhere to be found. 

That was quick!

The footsteps became more and more closer to her. Yeoni adjusted her position when the footstep stopped and someone calling her name.

"What are you doing here Yeoni?" Yeoni looked at the person without answering.

"Are you deaf?"

"What is it Layla?"

Layla looked at her with grievance seeing Yeoni ignored her question. Her menacing look didn't even hidden well knowing Yeoni always making things on her own and Layla hated it so much. She looked around searching for anything suspicious. Nothing came to the sight.

She looked at Yeoni again. "What are you doing here alone? I thought Master asked you to find the girl that you let go freely?" She emphasized the words just to gain the reaction but Yeoni expressionless face irritated her more.

"I am searching for her but I can't find her anywhere. I follow the track spell I put on her but as you can see here I am. I guess I lost her."

"You fool. How can you let her go? I'm sure you're the one who let her out! Now you just made an excuse. I tell Master that you.."

"Are you sure I'm the one who let her go? Do you see anything hmm?" Yeoni cutting her words.

"YOU.."

"If you don't have a proof don't just accuse me."

"You're the one who tasked on taking care of her while we were fighting. If it wasn't you so who does it?"

"So you're going to say I'm lacking on my job but I did not. I was fighting as well. It's just she got away while I'm looking away. And I am searching for her now can't you see? I just can't find her. My spell was broken. If you're not satisfied look for her then."

"Argh you.."

"Sorry to interrupt you both but we have to go. Master called for us." Another person came in to view stopping Layla to speak more. Yeoni shrugged walking away meanwhile Layla left raging more. She clinched her teeth, taking a deep breath holding her rage. Moving her feet reluctantly she followed back few steps behind.

------------

Jeongguk came back to the camp site only to find there was a commotion in front of his tent. He walked quickly to the commotion and found the Elder Jumin making a fuss in front of Hoseok and a few soldiers. 

He was about to stop the Elder but haste when he heard the old man said "Are you sure you already looked everywhere? This is going to be a problem if the Prince know about this."

"About what?" All eyes on him making one of the soldiers gasped. Jeongguk looked at the soldier immediately making the man head turned down avoiding his gaze while the others shut their mouth. The silence was too much you could even heard the sound of the forest very clear. Jeongguk turned his gaze to Hoseok. "What is it Hoseok?" 

Hoseok couldn't say a word as he didn't know how to, quickly looked at the Elder Jumin asking for help. Jeongguk saw this then looked at the older man. The elder sighed, taking a bit time and said "The lady and her parent are nowhere to be seen. We don't know how and when is it happen. We're just realized we lost her when one of the guards taking the food to your tent. After calling for a few times but no one comes out, he decided to check in tent and.."

"She's not in there." Joengguk completed the word. "And.."

The man continued. "We asked Namjoon to look for Mr. Park and his wife on the other camop site but they both too has gone. We search everywhere and we also looking for you. At first, we thought that the lady was with you sire but your guard said you went somewhere earlier and alone. You didn't tell anyone so no one knows your whereabout however it was Jimin who told the guard. He also asked the guard to continue guarding your tent as the lady was still asleep and he went somewhere."

"Suppose the lady should be in the tent because the guards were there but to our dismay she still could get out without anyone know her presence." Hoseok add up. Jeongguk was trying to held his rage grasping all the words. He absolutely furious but knowing he's one of the reason of the sudden occurrence, he's slowly calmed down his raging mind. Clenching tight his fist, closing his eyes for a while he slowly asked, "How much times has pass while you're looking for them?"

"Until you arrived sire, it has been half an hour." Not that long, Jeongguk thought.

"Is there any hints where they might be?" he questioned Hoseok. Hoseok just shaking his head. "By the way sire, may I ask where were you gone just now?" The Elder asked.

Jeongguk flinched a bit and it was noticed by the Elder and Hoseok but they patiently wait for him to respond. Jeongguk hesitated "I was.. I..where's Jimin?"

"I couldn't get in touch with him. I tried mind linking him a few times but there is no response. Last time when I could get to him he said he was out looking for you and that was around forty minutes ago. It should be around that time the lady was gone."

About few minutes late after I was gone, Jeongguk thought again. So it was Jimin who saw me and Yeoni. But, why Yaejin was gone too. What if this is one of Yeoni's schemes? But she told me all her secrets. So why?

Jeongguk shaking his head, clearing out his thoughts. "Gather around our men and divide them into teams. Search around the forest, find some clues. Where is Yoongi, Hoseok?"

"He went to other camp site to meet with Namjoon and Taehyung. They're looking for Lady Yaejin's parent."

"Okay. You lead the other teams and I will go back to the place where we fought before. I ask the Elder to follow me. Tell Yoongi to let Namjoon handle the other side and come aid me as fast as he can. I'm sure she's not that far since she can't turn into wolf."

"But sire, you can mind link with the lady, can't you?" the Elder suddenly asked.

"Yes but somehow I can't get through her. I tried quite few times when we're talking just now but it was blocked. Damn, when did she learn to block me?" His frustrated state making the others felt loss of words.

"Then, hurry sire. We still can get to her."

Jeongguk quickly turned to the south. "Hoseok, mind link Jimin again and ask him to come to me. I want to question him about something." His last words before he changed to wolf and quickly running followed by the Elder.