1

Yaejin put the books back on the shelf. She went to her desk and started packing her stuff. Today was the last day before the semester break started tomorrow. She needed to go back to her dorm to pack her things before going back home.

After packing, she quickly took out her phone and looked through her contact to call someone. She dialed the number and soon after someone pickup.

"Hello dad. Please come and pick me up."

-

Finally they arrived at home. Yaejin smiled. She missed her home so much. She came in and stood in the middle of the living room looking around. How she missed this.

"Isn't it nice finally back at home?" Her dad asked.

"Yeah." She nodded agreeing with her dad.

"These last few days, did anyone or anything bothered you?"

"No dad. I'm fine." She shook her head and smiled. Her father nodded.

"I'm sorry for being out of town these few days. I know I'm risking your life but I had to. You know what I mean right Yaejin."

"I know. It's okay dad. I'm sorry for troubling you." She looked at her father felt sorry of what her father had been through.

"Don't feel sorry my dear. It's my responsibility. Also it's a promise I made to your mother as well. I'm going to keep fulfil it." She looked down at the floor avoiding her father's gaze. Hearing her father said about her mother somehow made her felt sad.

"I'm going to my room. Do you have anything to do after this dad?"

"Nothing my dear. Go get a rest. I'll prepare our dinner. I'll get you when I'm done."

"Want me to help?"

"No it's ok dear. You must be tired. Just rest okay." Yaejin nodded obediently. She went upstairs to her room and put down her bag to the side while she sat down at the edge of her bed looking out the window. She wondered off to what her father said just now. She knew why he worried about her so much.

She was born different from any normal human being. Her physical form indeed human but she had special abilities. She realized it when she was a little kid. By the helped from her mother as well. That was before her mother left her. She still remembered her mother's last words before she said goodbye.

"Promise me Yaejin. You have to take care of yourself. Use your abilities well. Don't let anyone know unless they are worthy. And if someday you'll happen to meet your mate, I hope he will take care of you well."

"Are you going somewhere mom? Why do you speak like this?" Her mother hugged her while Yaejin already shed some tears.

"I have to go Yaejin."

"Where? Can't I go with you?"

"No, Yaejin. I told you before that I need to this. It's for your own good. Don't you remember?" Yaejin nodded remembering her mother told this many times even though she doesn't know what it meant. She wiped her tears and looked at her mother.

"Does it take long? When will you come back?"

"I don't know for how long but I promise I'll come back. Remember to take care of yourself. Take care of your father as well. Don't cry now. I really need to go now."

And her mother gone as she bid her last farewell.

She layed back on her bed. Her minds slowly fazed as she slowly closed her eyes.