34

Jeongguk quickly ran to the building. Before that he picked up with his mouth the cloth prepared for him in a certain place not too far. He gets into a room and changed. 

He ran out and went to search for Yaejin. He mind linked Yaejin but somehow he couldn't get through her. He tried again and again but still couldn't get her. Like something was prevented him to get her.

He tried to feel her emotion. It was subtle but he still could feel it. He then ran following his gut. He went up stairs but along the way some of the wolves got into him and he fought back. He's getting weaker, the effect from the pain of his fight with the monster didn't fully heal and he had to fight another wolves.

He could not give up. He needed to find his mate soon.

He then could feel he's getting closer to his mate. He looked along the hallway. There are a lot of rooms in this level. He couldn't detect which one of the rooms and he must hurry. He just wanted to open one by one but somehow something stopped him.

No, someone stopped him.

Yeoni.

Jeongguk stared at her in disbelief but Yeoni had a normal expression on her. Jeongguk didn't know for how long he had stare but somehow he felt a little bit disappointed looking at Yeoni's unwavered expression. Like, he was nothing to her. He didn't expect something but they was once mated. Didn't she felt nothing at all?

"Looking for your mate?" All that she had to say.

Jeongguk kept silence. He didn't want to fell any of Yeoni's lies anymore.

"If you're looking for her, she's in there. The door is already unlocked." Yeoni told him as her finger pointed at one of the room on her right.

"Why should I believe you?" He asked her warily.

"I tell you the truth. It's up to you if you want to believe me." Her tone was still monotonous. 

It's hard for Jeongguk to believe in her or not.

"Why do you want to help me? Help us? Aren't you one of them?"

"I don't have much time. Go to your mate now." She was just started to move when she heard Jeongguk called her.

"Yeoni."

"I'll meet you tonight at your tent then we'll go somewhere else. I'll tell everything you wanted to know."

"How do you know-"

Yeoni quickly disappeared leaving Jeongguk stunned in his place but he quickly out of trance and moved to the room that shown by Yeoni earlier. He didn't know why but he just followed her instruction. Hopefully, he did the right thing. And hopefully, Yeoni didn't lie.

He was surprised when he met Yaejin exactly in that room. She was running to him and quickly embraced in his arms which he respond by hugging her back.

"Are you okay, my love?"

"Yes, thankful I meet you at last."

Jeongguk checked her condition, she was not hurt anywhere and he was glad.

"Come, Jeongguk. We need to leave this place." Yaejin quickly took his hand and ran out to somewhere. Jeongguk was confused at the way she took him like she already knew where they will be going.

"Someone's told me the way out." She told him when he asked. Jeongguk could feel that someone was Yeoni but he shut his mouth up. Still wondering why Yeoni helped them.

"I need to check on my men after I make sure you were save, Yaejin. Can you wait for me?" Ask Jeongguk. They still ran throughout the forest. Yaejin just nodded agreed.

They ran until they arrived at their temporary base. Jeongguk made sure Yaejin had a good rest, eat and sleep when he came out of the tent. He had instructed two of his warriors to look after his mate while he ran back to the building.

The surrounding was full with wolves laid down death or injured. Fresh blood with dark red color scattered on the ground, trees and whenever the blood can reached.

Jeongguk looked around and he saw Yoongi was out from the building.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi heard the call and he turned his gaze. He rush to Jeongguk.

"Jeongguk, are you alright?" He's checking for any injuries. Jeongguk shook his head.

"I'm okay. We need to find Jimin and Hoseok. They were fighting the monster when I left to find Yaejin."

"How about Yaejin? Were you able to get her?"

"She's fine. I already sent her back to our base."

"Good. Let's go and find Jimin and Hoseok."

They quickly ran to the last place Jeongguk had a fight with the monster. But to their dismay, Jimin nor Hoseok were there. The Elder Jumin also disappear. Jeongguk ordered Yoongi to search around but before they could move, one of the warrior came to them and told Jimin's whereabout.

The prince and Yoongi followed the warrior into the other side of forest. There, they saw Hoseok was laid down, his head on Jimin's thigh while the Elder Jumin tried to heal Hoseok's wound. His injury was quite deep. He frowned his face as he held his pain. The scene was a bit painful to see.

"What happened?" Jeongguk asked while kneeling down next to Hoseok. Yoongi was been asked to check on their warrior and looked for any possible hostage they could get.

"The monster injured him. I didn't manage to get him away earlier when he helped me back there." Jimin said.

"Where's the monster?"

"I'm sorry, we couldn't kill the monster. He's too strong."

"I know. I too can't kill him alone." Jeongguk admit even though he's not really like it. The monster was just too strong. He knew the seconds he fought with it.

"That's why you need to mate again with Yaejin on the Blue Moon Day. It is said that both of you will get some sort of power to become stronger. You and her will kill the monster together." The Great Jumin said while his hand on Hoseok's injury performing some spell to heal the wound.

"And why he wanted to mate with her?" Jeongguk couldn't help but asked though the situation was not really proper. He turned his gaze on Hoseok who still had a hard time breathing.

"For the exact reason you have."

"But she's mated to me."

"They can break the bond. Just I don't know why he need Yaejin while he has Yeoni. There's must be something that Yaejin has to make the monster wants her." The Elder said.

Jeongguk raised his brow.

"I'm done but we still need proper treatment for him. We have to go back the base." Jumin told them as Hoseok slowly close his eyes, sleep taking over him.

"I'll carry him. Jeongguk, you can go back to Yaejin. I'm sure Yoongi will take care of things here." Jimin said before changed himself to his wolf. Both Jeongguk and Jumin carefully put Hoseok on Jimin's back.

Jimin then quickly ran followed by Jumin, while Jeongguk searched for Yoongi.

He must be responsible for his warriors too.

About Yaejin and the monster, he could ask later when he meet Yeoni.

After all, Yeoni did promise to see him tonight.