13

"Jimin, why are you here?" Seokjin asked after he treated Yaejin's injury. Jimin just walked to them before kneeling in front of Yaejin, bowing his head of respect. He then looked up meeting Yaejin's eyes.

"I'm sorry if my presence seems to intimidate you a little bit, my lady. Name is Park Jimin and I guess you already heard about me?" He asked with his calm face.

Yaejin nodded. "It's okay, sir. Yes, I heard your name."

"Please just call me Jimin."

"But you are the second highest hierarchy in our system. You are the descendant from the present royal family. I should address you accordingly." Yaejin stating the fact. But, Jimin shook his head.

"I don't really care about the hierarchy. I never want it. Just call me by my name, please." Again he calmly said. Somehow to Yaejin, she felt something in her heart when she talked with Jimin. She didn't know how to describe it but it's definitely not fear. It was something else. Felt intrigued yet soothing. What was this feeling?

"My lady, please forgive me but I need to speak to Seokjin alone. May I?" Yaejin nodded looking at Seokjin who was furrowing his brows before bowing a bit to her and got up walking ahead. Jimin too bowed his head and got up following behind Seokjin.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" Seokjin let out the words as he sat on one the big rock not too far from their resting area. He's still worried of Yaejin's safety even though they already moved to different place. They could not risk from being ambushed anymore.

Jimin sat next to him but he didn't speak a word. He just stared at his front wandering away his thought.

"By the way, why are you here? How do you know we're here? Where were you all this time? We were looking for you. I was worried that you suddenly disappeared. I know Taehyung knew about this but he was really lift up to his promise never to tell us anything about you. Now, you suddenly here. I am surprised."

Jimin chuckled a bit listening to Seokjin's rant. It was so typical him. Always worried about his brothers. He missed it. He always thought Seokjin as his brother. Not just him. Their friends too. Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok even Jeongguk plus his biological brother Taehyung. They always respect Seokjin as the eldest even though they kept playing around with him but whenever needed Seokjin always by their side taking good care of them. Something only Seokjin could do.

"I'm here because I was ordered to."

There was a good long pause.

"That's it? I ask a lot of question and that was your answer. Wow, I'm offended." Seokjin blew up.

Jimin grinned widely. It was so fun teasing him. In seconds, his facial expression changed. 

"I'm here because I was ordered to protect Lady Yaejin."

"Who's order?"

"The palace."

"The King?"

"Not directly. I was sent by Yoongi Hyung."

"Yoongi? How did Yoongi found you? I thought no one knew about your disappearance."

"Somehow he did. Not that I want to disappear. I was on mission."

"A mission? What mission?"

Jimin sighed and silenced for a while. "Nothing. It was more personal."

Seokjin waited for Jimin to continue but the latter just kept silenced so he decided to change the topic knowing Jimin might be uncomfortable to tell him. "So, all this long you were always with us?"

"I was from the start."

"But you just decided to show yourself now?"

"I was supposed to keep hid myself from being noticed. Watching from far. However, the incident just now was unexpected. I can't let anything worse happen to the lady even though I feel guilty to break the promise to stay hidden."

"Like you said, it was unexpected. So, it's not your fault."

"NO!" Jimin screamed. Seokjin was startled from the scream.

Jimin shook his head. "Sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to scream at you. I was mad at myself. I was supposed to realize those rogues sooner and I thought I was careful enough to sense any dangers that came close to you all. But I failed. Although I killed those rogues leader, we must never let our guards down. Sure, their group will do something since they failed to take the lady away. I don't want anything happen to Lady Yaejin."

It was true, Seokjin never doubt about it. He too could sense their journey will become more difficult after this. He was glad at least Jimin was by their side now. Having one more person couldn't be hurt, right? Although it might seemed Jimin was with them all those time, protecting them from far.

"So, are you following us? Do you know our next destination?"

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "I kind of can guess?"

"Is it okay? We are going back to your pack. Taehyung and Hoseok must be surprised to see you. Oh, but Taehyung already know about this?"

Surprisingly, Jimin shook his head. "He didn't know I'm coming back."

"Oh, so what will you do?"

"I have missions to do. I'll do it until its finished. Taehyung can continue to govern. I know he'll understand."

Both of them nodded in silence. Seokjin couldn't ask for more. If Jimin wanted it that way, he'll just have to respect his decision.

-----

"How's your leg, my lady?" Jimin took a seat next to Yaejin whilst looking at her leg.

"Slowly getting better. Still, I need to restrain myself from using my power."

"Yes, you should rest first before healing yourself."

"Yes..." Yaejin looked around before settling her look back at Jimin. "Are we safe here?"

Jimin smiled a bit. "Yes. Don't worry, we won't be here for long. Once you had enough rest, we will start our journey back to Blue Moon pack."

"Is it okay for you to go back to your pack?"

Yaejin looked at Jimin worried. Jimin, however gazing his eyes to look at Yaejin's and somehow Yaejin caught his stare. Both of them stared at each other and Yaejin felt lost in Jimin's eyes. She knew it felt so wrong but it was right at the same time. She still couldn't say what was this feeling but she couldn't deny the attraction. But, she didn't want to feel so lost in it so she decided to avert her gaze.

Jimin too turned away after a while. He took a while to take his breath, calming down his heart. He knew he shouldn't be this way but he...kind of could not deny the feelings?

"So, Seokjin hyung tell you about me. Are you worried about me, my lady?"

"Of-of course. Seokjin's friends are my friend too. Of course, I'm worried. It's because those..those place.."

"Kind of reminded me of my past? Is that you want to say?" Yaejin nodded hesitantly. She felt embarrassed  for stuttering and worried at the same time.

JImin lips curved up a bit. "Don't worry, my lady. It didn't affect me much. Moreover, I need to focus on my mission that is to protect you."

Yaejin's brow furrowed. "To protect me?"

"Yes and it's a palace order, so you have to accept. Since you're the diamond and the prince mate."

"But he rejected me."

"But you didn't reject him. Am I right? That's mean you still have the chance to mate."

"I doubt he wants to mate with me."

"Oh, really. Then why do I received an information that the prince is on his way to you?"

The news seemed shocked Yaejin so much that she widen her eyes. "How.. when..?"

Jimin just chuckled. "Let's have a rest, my lady. We have a long journey to go."

With that, Jimin got up and walked to Seokjin leaving Yaejin who still shocked.