10

"So you're gonna say that you and the prince were once friends?" Yaejin asked frowning at Seokjin. They were taking a rest through half the journey.

Seokjin lowered his head. His hand playing with small stick and randomly draw something over the land they sat on.

"Yeah."

"Can I know the reason why your friendship was over?"

Seokjin heaved a sigh. He took a total minute before he spoke. "It's not really over but I don't know how to tell you. It's quite complicated. I'm sorry."

Yaejin shook her head. "Nah, it's okay. By the way, why your brother is in the Blue Moon pack? Isn't he suppose to be with you and your family?"

"For some reason, he was needed there."

Yaejin raised her brows.

Seokjin continued. "He is the Alpha Noble of the Blue Moon Pack."

Yaejin gasped catching the meaning behind it. "I bet he is still young. Such a heavy responsibility to do at a such young age."

"Yeah. He has to. The king and The Elders choose him. But it was for temporary only. Originally it's not his place to be an alpha noble. It suppose to be someone else."

"What do you mean?"

"The Blue Moon is originally govern by the Park family but something happened in the family, they all dead and the only survivor left was the son. He was my brother's best friend. At first, the king wanted to appoint the son but he refused to accept. He asked for my brother to take over for a while and thankfully the king accepted his request. I don't really know the reason why he refused and why my brother accepted to be the alpha noble so easily but despite that me and my parents are proud that my brother handled it so well even though he's younger than me. I just hope that when the times come for the rightful owner wants to take over, my brother will hand it over without having any problem. I'm worried that he's getting attach to be the noble he didn't want to let it go. It may cause some ugly scene." The last sentence was whispered but Yaejin could hear it.

She could imagine the things that will be happened but shrugged it off, thinking the positivity of it.

"Well, I may not know and see your brother yet but from the way you talk about him I do believe your brother is a kind and wise man. He will not do something as to let the greed to control over him." Yaejin rubbed his back to soothe him. Seokjin however surprised but nevertheless he let out a smile as he heard the words.

"Yes, he is kind and wise man. Thank you, my lady. I feel better. I'm glad I decided to follow you. I kind of missing him. We rarely met after he started his responsibility as a noble."

"Is that okay that he is alone to take care of a pack?" Yaejin was wondered as she thought how big the responsibility was to be handled by someone so young.

Seokjin grinned. "There's another reason why he was chosen. His mate is from that pack. And he's not alone. His assistant help him as well. The best part of it that the assistant is our friend too."

Yaejin was amazed. "Really. Wow, that's great having friends by your side to help you. Like you did now. I'm glad too that we are friends."

Somehow, Yaejin saw Seokjin's smile slowly faded. He then seemed quiet for a while. Yaejin was slightly panicked. She wanted to help cheer him up but she too was lost of words.

"Urm...Seokjin...I-I."

"Actually we were all good friends. Me, Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon and Jeongguk. We were so closed before. We did everything and anything together. We were all happy and I don't even remember any worse memories of us before.