9

Jeongguk woke up, slightly tremor from his nightmare. As he sat up he felt his chest heaved up and down, his breath raging hard, sweat drenching his shirt. He slowly brushed his hair to the back. Those nightmare seemed real.

There were chaos everywhere. Dead bodies laid on each road. He saw the sky turned dark and fire was burning through each building. He felt hot, burned and sting. He looked at his hand and body. There were cuts, bruises, blood spreading through his hand and fell on the floor his kneeling to. He then looked everywhere searching for familiar faces but none was in his sight. Then, he heard something. A veracious laugh with screaming of pains not too far. The voice was so loud he couldn't handle it as he cupped both his ear. He himself couldn't avoid as he too screamed as the pain became unbearable and made him woke up found himself on his bed.

That was his third times. 

After his encounter with The Elder after came back to the palace, he thought he wasn't going to believe all the this. All his life he just wanted to inherit his father's thrown and promised doing his best to serve his people alongside his beloved mate. Never he thought that he had bigger responsibility to carry. While he heard all those things since he was small, he had made his mind to ignore that those were just myth,nothing could be believe but with recent occurrence, could he ignore that anymore?

Speaking of recent, his thought wandered to his meeting with he supposed-to-be mate. Sudden rage shot through his heart. All of these happened after he met her. She was the cause. He felt hatred, mad once he thought about her. Part of him wanted to rip her throat, dipped his claws through her heart but part of him wanted to hold her close, treat her well as she supposed to receive as a mate. And he knew that part was his wolf who crave it not him. He still wanted Yeoni despite The Elders, his parents even his subordinate Namjoon and Yoongi wanted him to accept that girl to be his mate. No way in his life he's going to accept that.

Sudden pain shot his heart. "What the f***?"

He groaned over the pain he received. He laid back on his bed, clenching his fist to his heart. It's so hurt that he curled to ball.

*Don't speak ill to mate*

Jeongguk frowned. "What?"

*The more you hate her the more you'll be in the pain. Remember. That's the consequences you received after rejecting her*

"Tsk."

*Why don't you just accept mate?*

*Not you too JK*

*She's my mate*

*No*

*I can't stay away from mate. Let me out. I want to find mate.*

*No you don't.*

Jeongguk pushed his wolf behind. He hissed again on the pain. He closed his eyes and forced himself to sleep. Maybe that would ease his pain a bit.

----

Jeongguk wobbly walked to the dining room that morning.

"Ah, my son. Come join the breakfast...Are you okay?" He heard his mother concerned words.

"Yes mother. I'm fine." He said while taking his seat next to his mother.

Though his appearance was somehow contrast with his word. Hair disshelved, paled face, red eyes, giving the bad vibe.

"Are you sure son?" His father then asked.

Jeongguk just lazily nodded and waited for the maid brought him his food. Once the plate was in his sight, he just stared at it without bothering to eat it. He just sat there and stared at nothing.

Both his parents were worried with him. They never saw him in those state for so long. Last time they remembered was when Jeongguk lost his mate.

His mother slowly rubbed his back and made him flinched. His surprised expression was shown before he looked at his mother felt sorry.

"You not having a good sleep aren't you?" His mother asked concern. Jeongguk shook his head and slowly moved his hand taking his food and fed to his mouth.

He wondered why he did not feel hungry anymore even though his stomach grumbled the moment he woke up. He felt something weird. To make it worst, he suddenly remembered Yaejin.

That's odd!

"Sire." One of the alpha guard came and greeted the family. The king nodded letting the man to continue his talking.

"Alpha Yoongi told me to inform you that the diamond was in Alpha Noble Kim Yoosung's place."

Jeongguk perked his ear as he heard it. Not that he let he looked like he concern with it when he still munching his food.

"Oh really. Have they asked the lady to come to the palace?"

"They did but the lady said she wanted to go somewhere else. She is on a mission, sire."

"Did they know the mission?"

"The lady didn't tell them but they're guessing she was looking for her mother. She did asked her mother whereabout."

"Oh, I see."

"Did she go alone?"

Everyone bore their gaze to Jeongguk. They didn't expect the prince to ask.

"No, Your Highness. Her father is with her and if I'm not mistaken the alpha noble's son followed her too."

Jeongguk felt sudden pang in his heart. What the??

"Why?" His low growl sent shiver to the guard made him hesitated a bit.

"Th-the son insisted to follow her as he too have something to do at the Blue Moon Pack, Your Highness."

"Is the mother will be there?"

"I-i don't know, sire. That's all I know."

"Who told you that?" Jeongguk again asked.

"Alpha Yoongi, sir."

"Where is he?"

"He's on the training pit with Alpha Namjoon."

Jeongguk quickly got up and walked out. His steps were a bit fast. He needed to get to Yoongi now. He wanted to do something. He couldn't let his mate be with someone else. Especially that Kim Seokjin. He needed to get to his mate fast.

Wait.

His mate?

What?