𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23

"That was beautifully done , Angelica

"That was beautifully done , Angelica."Claude said once they got close to where he stood .

"Thank you father ."

"Are you ready for the next dance ?"Claude asked taking her hand in his .

"Yes ,let's go ."Angelica said moving to the middle of the ball room once again making all the nobles gasp in shock when they saw Claude dancing again.

They both bowed elegantly to each other before they started dancing.

"I hope you won't step on my feet like Athanasia did ."Claude said to Angelica as she twirled under his arm .

"No need to worry about that ."Angelica said as she outstretched her hand to Claude who took it pulling her in the gently pushing her out .

This went on for a while until Angelica started getting tired so Claude gently lifted her up by the waist spinning her and putting her down .

They both bowed once again then stood straight when the people clapped their hands in amazement.

"Thank you , father . I'll see you again soon."Angelica said walking off .

Claude didn't like the way she spoke right now , it was as if she was about to disappear and never return again. He felt the same way he felt when Athanasia said goodbye.

Why ? Why does it seem like this will be the final peaceful moment he'll ever have with his daughters.

Whatever happens he just hopes that they be safe and happy .

Angelica walked over to Alberu who stood a the table that was filled with thing to eat .

"Hey ."

"Hey , here take a bite." Alberu said feeding her a piece of his chocolate cake .

"It tastes nice ."Angelica said munching in the cake .

"I agree , should I store some for the kids ?" Alberu asked Angelica who nodded .

Angelica walked off and leaned against the wall that had all the things you could drink . Angelica took the glass of water an took a sip not noticing a certain black hair male watching her from afar smirking as if he just accomplished something.

"This water tastes funny ."Angelica whispered to herself but then shrugged it off as nothing and walked back to Alberu who seemed ready to leave .

"Are we going now ."Angelica asked Alberu who magically brought out a coat and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"Yes , I know you and you probably would end up staying on the balcony through the whole debutante because you hate people ."Alberu said walking her out the door .

"I won't deny that statement."Angelica said smiling slightly.

When they got outside they noticed Athanasia and Claude also leaving .

"ANGELICA!"Athanasia yelled running over with Claude following behind her .

"You look beautiful today ." She said hugging Angelica.

"Happy birthday."Claude randomly said making them pause .

"Thank you , father , Athanasia."Angelica said smiling slightly at them .

"We'll be off now , I'll see you both tomorrow."Angelica said watching as they walked away after they bid their goodbyes .

Angelica got into the carriage with the help of Alberu and leaned against his shoulder once the carriage started moving.

"Hey Alberu."

"Yes ?"

"Don't freak out okay ."Angelica said sitting up straight making him sit straight up .

"I won't promise that ."Alberu said knowing full well that most of the things she says freaks him out .

"There was poison in my water that I drank ."Angelica said nonchalantly making Alberu freeze .

"What-wait did you drink it. Are you okay . No wait of course your not you drank pois-."Alberu stopped talking when Angelica slammed the palm of her hand on his mouth to shut him up .

"I said don't freak out , it's not that big of a deal so stop worrying."she said removing her hand that started shaking from the effects of the poison.

"What don you mean don't freak out sigh your driving me nuts."Alberu said in a defeated tone .

"That's nothing new ."Angelica said .

"Your right. Seriously tell me if you feel like something's wrong . I'm sure you've healed already but you never know if something might go wrong , I mean we don't even know what type of poison was used ."Alberu said looking at her with great concern.

"I'm fine." Angelica lied . She definitely wasn't fine because she could feel herself slightly shaking and her insides were burning .

"Im not healing...damn that sucks ." Angelica thought clenching her shaking hands .

"Your not lying,are you ?"Alberu question staring at her suspiciously.

"No , and what happened today stays between us ."Angelica said making Alberu protest .

"Angelica,someone tried to poison you and succeeded. You have to inform Stella or you father ,I would prefer you tell them both but knowing you that would never happen."Alberu said running his hand through his hair .

"I'll tell Stella later , telling anyone now would cause panic."Angelica lied once again.

To her it seems pointless to tell the others .It's not like they could do anything now and besides maybe her healing power is just taking longer to heal her because she noticed that after she was reborn again her powers seems to be a bit weaker then they used to be before she died .

"I would hope so ."Alberu said staring at Angelica who gazed out of the window if their carriage.

"I hope nothing like this happens again." The two thought.

Unfortunately for Alberu and Angelica this was just the beginning.