𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

"So why didn't you attend the tea party your sister organized today ?"Alberu asked watching as Angelica fed the children cake .

"Why would I ?"Angelica asked tilting her head to the side .

"What ?"Alberu asked , the children look up at Angelica also waiting for an answer .

"What I mean to say is what is the point? I am happy and content with just spending my afternoon with you and besides we barely converse with each other despite seeing each other everyday ."Angelica said to them , making them nod in satisfaction at the honest answer .

"Still ... wouldn't it be best if you would try to communicate with them sometimes?"Alberu asked .

"It would ."she nodded.

"But you won't ."Alberu said shaking his head .

"You know me so well ."

"Princess,his Majesty requested you go on a walk with him around princess Athanasia's palace ."one of the maids said knocking on her door .

"Very well , I'll be off then ."Angelica said walking out of her room pass the maid to the entrance of her palace where Claude stood .

"Afternoon, father ."Angelica said sweatdropping when she saw Claude's piercing gaze .

"Are you well enough to walk around?"Claude asked .

Angelica merely hummed in agreement to what he asked .

They started walking the atmosphere a bit awkward , neither of them willing to start a conversation.

"So "Claude paused .

"How has that pest been treating you ?"he asked .

"Very well ."Angelica said without hesitation , staring at the engagement ring on her finger that Alberu had given her on her debutante.

"You know , I never quite understood why you immediately agreed to the engagement when hearing his name , it was almost as if you knew him before meeting him in person." Claude said making Angelica tense in surprise.

Claude of course noticed that but said nothing.

"I have no idea what you mean , father . How could I , a princess, who had never stepped a foot outside the palace grounds before, ever come in contact with an emperor from a neighboring empire."Angelica said with a smile that she hadn't used In a long while .

Raon would refer to it as a scammy smile .

"Stop reading so much into things, you Egyptian cosplaying child killing bastard ." Angelica thought, her eyebrows twitching in annoyance.

"If you say so ....how has your studies been ?"Claude asked moving onto a different topic.

"It's been well , though I wish there were more Interesting things to read , I've read all the volumes of Max Berlinger and bill roitz years ago and the paperwork I've been doing was way to easy ." Angelica complained , hoping she will no longer have to do anything.

"The paperwork I gave her to do would make the Alpheus dog sweat and cry blood ." Claude thought having a mini sweatdropp .

"Very well then , from now onwards you shall join me in my office and assist me in managing the empire ." Claude said .

"Well that plan back fired." Angelica thought, crying internally.

By now they had been walking in the garden that connected Athanasia's palace with Claude's palace .

They had been walking down the walkway with a lot of pillars until something caught Angelica's eyes .

Angelica tugged of Claude's sleeve making him look at her curiously.

"What is it ."Claude asked .

Angelica pointed to one of the pillars .

"There's someone standing between those two pillars ."Angelica said , Claude immediately walked in the direction she was pointing at , holding Angelica's had keeping her behind him , just in case it was a threat .

When they got there , there stood a brunette girl that seems to be around the same age as Angelica and looking very lost .

"Who are you ?"Claude asked , watching as the girl turned fastly to look at him .

"You must be quite daring to roam around the royal palace however you please ."Claude said to the girl .

"Um...er..do you remember me , by any chance?"the brunette asked staring at Claude in amazement.

"Shit ..isn't she the female lead Jennette margarita and what does she mean when she said that ." Angelica thought, tilting her head questionably making eye contact with Jennette who smiled at her in excitement.

"Is there any reason why I should remember you In particular?"Claude asks Coldly, stepping infront of Angelica when he noticed Jennette staring at her .

"Father , she might be a guest for the tea party , so let if slide for now ."Angelica said to Claude .

Claude hummed .

"Consider yourself lucky , I wouldn't have let you go so easily If you weren't Athanasia's guest ."Claude said making Jennette stare at the ground while fiddling with the ring on her finger .

"But do not let this happen again."Claude suddenly spoke glaring at her , making her flinch at the cold tone .

"If I catch you wandering around the palace again , there will be severe consequences."

"I'm sorry, your majesty."Jennette said still staring at the ground.

"Let's go ."Claude said , holding Angelica's hand and gently pulling her to walk with him .

As they walked pass Jennette Claude suddenly spoke while glaring at Jennette once again.

"I'm warning you , never show yourself infront of me again ." Claude warned walking off with Angelica.

"Don't you think you were a bit harsh on the poor girl ?"Angelica asked Claude.

"She shouldn't be wandering in places she shouldn't."Claude said .

"I don't know if he noticed that Jennette was like a walking corpse of black magic , god it's nauseating." Angelica thought, her face scrunching up in to one of distaste .

"Are you alright?"Claude asked noticing her look .

"Yes ."