𝕲𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 32

{𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙}

After she came back, Angelica refused to meet with her father again. Everytime she gets invited to have tea or dinner she declined feigning sickness or pretending to do work .

Speaking of work.

'work is shit.' Angelica thought,overveiwing the palace funds and paperwork along with the capitals taxes, funds and complains that she had to read through before giving it back to Claude. Angelica is the one who determines whether or not some complaints are actually serious and needs immediate attention.

"I killed my husband because he slept with my sister's husbands sister-in-law."Angelica read one murder report.

"What a loving family."Angelica deadpanned, dismissing the report to be handled by the normal court, it was not important that Claude had to be the judge of it.

"The lake suddenly stopped having water now the capital has no water, Magicians exist people."Angelica put it by the pile she is sending to the magicians.

"Numerous reports of break in's and theft, I'll give that to Rohan."

"Another murder case, oh my word it's just a rat that died ."

"Why'd I agree to do this anyway."Angelica grumbled, stamping the paperwork with the royal seal that she borrowed from Claude's office.

"Y'know what, I'll go visit Ijekeil." Angelica said, standing up walking to her room where the children were.

"I'm going to visit someone, want to come with?"Not even a minute later Angelica was tackled by the children.

"I'll take that as a yes then." Angelica chuckled,  looking down at the children fondly.

"We're are we going?"On asked, wagging her tail.

"To visit one of my friends, I haven't seen him in a while."

"He!?"The children said in unison.

"Human is your friend a boy."Raon asked, staring at her incrudelously.

"Uh-Yes, why."

"A boy , your age." Hong said, staring at her blankly.

"No is about two years older I think."Angelica tapped her chin in thought.

"So his the same age as pa-Alberu."On said, looking at Angelica as if she did something scandalous.

"Yes?"Angelica looked confused.

"Human, do you not see what's wrong?"

"No?"As Angelica said that the children facepalmed in despair.

In the end Angelica didn't go to the Alpheus mansion because her children are too cute and persuasive.

"Princess."Stella knocked on the door before entering the room.

"What is it."Angelica asked, lifing her head up from the pillows that laid on the floor.

"The em-Princess why are you laying on the ground with the children, surely you don't want to catch a cold once again."Stella said, smiling benignly.

Angelica sweat dropped, "They wanted to play somehow we ended up falling asleep on the ground."

"Anyways, what did you want to tell me?" Angelica now stood up, gently placing the children on the bed.

'I just noticed ever since we reunited, all we ever end up doing is sleeping, maybe I should take them out on a vacation or something.' Angelica thought, covering them with the blankets.

"The emperor has ordered for a proper search party to bring Princess Athanasia back and unharmed." Stella said, picking the pillows up from the floor and placing them back on the couch and bed.

"I see...that's good, anything else."Angelica inquired, sitting on the couch, covering herself with a long blue shawl.

"The emperor is in the palace." Angelica chocked on the tea that she took a sip on and coughed harshly.

"Tell him I'm asleep or something."Angelica rasped out , gently massaging her now sore throat.

The door opened suddenly and Claude entered the room with his usual indifferent expression.

"Nevermind." Angelica sighed, before dismissing Stella and wishing her a goodnight.

"Father."Angelica greeted, still not getting up from the couch.

"Have a seat." Claude sat on the couch opposite Angelica.

"What is it you need at this hour, father."Angelica asked, leaning back on her couch.

"I've ordered for a proper search for you sister."Claude muttered making Angelica blink.

"I'm aware."Angelica sighed.

'why is this lonely old guy here.' Angelica screamed internally.

"Is that all you wanted to say."

"No."Claude said after a long while.

"Well, what is it ?"Angelica raised a eyebrow in question.

"Have you been ignoring my invitations?"Claude asked, causing Angelica to deadpanned.

"Are you, perhaps, sulking."Angelica said, amusement written all over her face.

"I'm the emperor, I don't sulk."

"Right."Angelica nodded, definitely not believing that.

"Now what do you actually want ."

"What makes you both so different, you and your sister?" Claude leaned back on the couch, looking at Angelica curiously.

"A good question, one I don't have a answer to."Angelica said, snapping her head to the bed once she noticed some movement.

'Ah, I forgot that they were sleeping, I got too distracted by claude.'  Angelica sighed standing up and covering the children with the blankets properly again because Roan rolled the blanket off the bed somehow.

"Those aren't regular pets."Claude pointed out.

"I know, and don't call them pets ."Angelica sat back down, snapping her finger and tea and some snacks were instantly on the round table between the couches.

The father-daughter duo barley spoke to each other throughout that night, both spending the night together in silence enjoying the quietness and somehow ended up doing their individual paperwork in the peace and silence of Angelica's room.

{𝕿𝖔 𝕭𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖊𝖉}