1. Breathing the new air

A/N- I am adding this after I noticed people are walking out of the story thinking Abhi and Aarohi got married in the later part of this particular chapter.
Guys, NO! They are NOT married, it was Abhi's bad dream, it is completely Abhira focused story, Aarohi and Abhimanyu have NOTHING to do with each other.
Its kinda a spoiler for this chapter but I can't help, the readers just decreased from next chapter onwards because of this particular misunderstanding.

_________________________________________

She stood there by the railing of the small terrace with a mug of coffee in her hand as she inhaled the morning air, well this air was not faltering for her nostrils, it infact irrited them a little, and why not, this was not the breezy air of the mornings of.....of Udaipur, UDAIPUR- her mind finally registered, this was Delhi and honestly Delhi's air was really polluted.
But as a matter of fact, what was not polluted, her life was also polluted, the sarcasm mocked her.

She gripped the handle of the mug tighter as she took another sip of her morning coffee, coffee- something she used to avoid most of the time as it used to trigger her anxieties making her more prone to panic attacks, but now, now it was all a different story, TIME really did changed a lot of things, coffee was now her permanent partner.

Coffee reminds her of a lot of things, especially the dark Hazel-coffee-chocolaty colour variations it has everyday, the same colour that his eyes had, the same variations those pair of eyes had in sense of lighting or his reactions to occurrences or even his mood- Angsty or romantic.

"No, not again, not right now, not in the morning itself.", she reminded herself but honestly when was the time when she didn't used to recollect him in her heart more than her brain.
Her thoughts took a break when she heard someone calling her.

"Akira didi!", the kid came running towards her from the straicase of terrace, huffing he continued,
"Neilima maa is calling you to have breakfast."

She kneeled down infront of her favourite kid from the orphanage,
"Tell mumma that I am coming in two minutes, just need to finish my coffee and offer the pigeons their grains, then I'll come downstairs. Okay?"

The kid nodded and she got back to the work she just mentioned, trying to keep her mind on the tracks.

............................................................................

He stired in his sleep as the morning sun-rays disturbed his sleep, he rolled to the another side, his headache wasn't helping due to his late night surgery.
But, soon a relaxing smile covered his face when heard the tingling of bangles and his favourite fragrance- her fragrance filled the entire room.

He opened his eyes partially and there she was, standing with the breakfast tray in her hands and the glass had some weird colour liquid, perhaps her another gharelu nuskha to cure his headache and fatigue, he thought and smiled to himself.
He raised his hand towards her with a sad baby face and asked her to come near him, she just shaked her head at his cute antics. Placing the tray on the side table she sat next to him as she ran her fingers in his hair.

"Good morning Dr. Birla, I know you are really tired, so first of all drink this kahra in one go and then take a hot shower to feel fresh."

"Ahhh! Not your morning orders. Right now I just need you and han, Good Morning my methi Dana, my gharelu doctor. And I am fine, would have been more fine if you would have said- I love you, instead of your instructions, now my headache won't be cured with just your home-made medicine, I need my type of medicine, my medicine- You, I hope you are getting what I mean."

She just laughed,
"Abhi! Let your single track mind get some rest.", as she hit him lightly on his forehead.
"Wait, let me get some oil, I'll massage it on your scalp, you'll get relived."

She stood up and moved, while he just complained,
"Akshu! Don't move na, I said I just need you, come back, aaahhhh-hhhaaaa."

As the woman he was talking to turned around, the colour of his face vanished away.
"What is it with your mood today? Why are you behaving like this? All this child-like complaining and ranting is so annoying"

But his words died in his mouth as he just kept looking at her with wide-eyes.
"What? What happened? Now why are you looking at me like that? Answer me", she asked frustrated.

"Doctor.....Dr. Aar....Dr. Aarohi, what are you doing here? What are you doing in my room.", he asked shocked.

"Huh? What kind of rubbish question is that? Where else I am supposed to be? Its my room also, I am your wife Abhimanyu. Now, tell me quickly which medicine do you need for your headache, I am getting late for hospital.", she said while rumbling her hand inside the medicine box.

And with that it felt like his head is going to brust open with pain as reality dwaned upon him, he just blocked his ears with his palms and shouted out his lungs,
"NOOOOOOO....."

With a jerk he came back to reality, this time the most real reality, he face palmed himself and also wiped the sweat off his face.

"What is wrong with you Dr. Abhimanyu Birla? Stop getting your- Oh so sweet morning dreams about her and most importantly stop getting these nightmares of her sister. For god sake, it was horrible, Abhimanyu repeat after me- You didn't married that evil girl, once more repeat, actually repeat it atleast ten times everyday and also, cherish this very fact.", he scolded himself.
Got out of bed and moved to get ready for the new day, to be present as the best Cardiologist of Udaipur at Udaipur's best hospital- Birla hospital.

_________________________________________
A/N-
So that was it for the first chapter, hope you all liked it.
Do drop your likes and views of the same.
Till next time.
Bah-bye.
<3