14. Udaipur isn't that bad afterall.

As advised by her friend, she accompanied him to the ward of her great-grandmother.

Dr. Abhimanyu Birla stood by the door for another round of check up for Mrs. Sushasni Goenka, while his friend stood just a step behind to face whatever it was on the way.

The moment she stepped inside, she was engulfed in a bone crushing hug by her brother. Sobbing and fearful that she might leave again, and those hot tears were melting her down, but this was not the time to fall weak, knowing well the a reciprocation of this hug will lead to no good, she stepped back and scanned the room.

The room where her badepapa was no more at the moment. The elderly man needed space to process that his favourite grandchild whom he failed treat equally was back, back after what felt years of not seeing her, not even being able to listen her voice.

"Akshu.....Akshu, I am really very sorry my intentions were not to hurt you. Call us selfish if you want, but all we wanted was to see you again, to see that you're okay.", her brother accepted his deeds.

"First of all its Akira. So. Don't. Ever. Call. Me. Akshu. Again.
And secondly, I won't say its fine or its okay, or 'I understand', because I literally don't. But at the end of the day I am here to meet Mimi, so let me do that."

She stood next to Abhi who confirmed that her Mimi's vitals are good and she took a seat next to her.
"Akshu, I just wanted to meet you and I apologise for the way I chose to get my wish granted. But if its my deathbed that can stop you then I am ready to die."

"Mimi please, don't pull my emotional strings again, don't use the big words like death. If you want me to stay, I'll stay until you get recovered.", she spoke helplessly.

He just pressed his fingertips on his forehead after seeing the kind of emotional mindgames and psychological triggers they use on her, not being able to witness it anymore he excused himself with the name of other duties.
He was sure that she is more than capable of fighting her own battles now, but it got on his nerves that how for years she is tolerating all of these kinda nonsense.

After he left, Kairav tried to fill the silence in the room.
"Akshu you must be tired, head home and freshen up, I'll be here with Mimi.", he insisted.

Taking a deep breathe she calming put up her point,
"I am here for Mimi, I'll stay back at the hospital only. Please, let me decide now what I want."

Accepting the defeat and not making his sister anymore unhappy, he took his leave.

<>

It was around dinner time when he decided to take a report of Mimi's health once again, he could have asked any intern or any assistant doctor to do so, but knowing well that he'll find his solace there, he decided of doing it himself.

Entering the ward he saw her sitting on the couch and munching down the entire packet of chips and pulling out a packet of biscuits from her small traveling bag.

He stood infront her, arms crossed as he looked straight at her. The chips she was holding came to an stop just a centimetre away from her month as she looked up to meet his gaze.
It felt like a teacher has caught his student binge eating snacks in the middle of a lecture.

Snatching the chips packet away from her, he said,
"Unhealty food is not allowed inside the hospital premises."

"What? I am not the patient.", she tried to grab back the packet.

"Doesn't matter you are in a patient's presence."

"But I am so hungry.", her puppy dog eyes at work.