10. Date or Day out.

It was almost 1 in the night but sleep was farthest thing from his eyes, as he kept dreaming with open eyes about his day with her tomorrow.
His month went dry because of his constant smiling every now and then; taking a break from his fantasies he gave inn for his thirst of water and got out of bed.

He stood in the balcony chugging down his water, when he noticed her coming back to her PG that late.
"What is wrong with this girl? Is this a time to be outside! She definitely give reasons to Neilima ma to scold her, even I would have given her a big lecture if I just could reach her in an instant."

He watched as she dragged herself inside the gate and then within minutes light of a room on the fourth floor was switched on.
She got herself seated in the balcony along with her dinner plate that she skipped earlier.

He looked at her, all she looked was lifeless. His heart clenched when he saw her grabbing all her strength to just eat and only after having two morsels she pushed the plate aside.
She stared, stared blanky at the wall infront of her, as if thinking something yet thinking nothing.

After whole 5 minutes she stood up and grabbed the oil bottle; poured it on her scalp. She picked up the comb but then kept it back as if it was too much work to just brush her hair; tied it up in a loose ponytail.

He just kept observing her, with just a thought to reach her out and comfort her in his arms, just engulf her in his hug. All the cells of her body were screaming one thing and that was pain, Plain, Unadulterated- PAIN.

As he saw lifting her head up, he stepped back but got his arm slammed on the pillar in a hurry.
"Oh crap! You just needed to take two steps back so she doesn't see you, you idiot! You didn't needed to do moonwalk that too at this speed.", he scolded himself while rubbing his arm.

He peeped once again to see what's she doing now, but the light was switched off and she wasn't in the balcony, so maybe now she also went to sleep.
Keeping the thoughts to himself he also jumped on the bed, awaiting for tomorrow.

<>

After having breakfast together, Akira was waiting for him outside the gate as he instructed two minutes ago.
And there he was with his rental bike, asking her to take the back seat.

"You really love bike rides.", she claimed.

Little did she know that he hasn't rode his bike in the past 8 months, he didn't even got his bike repaired after that accident.
The last time he rode it, it was for her and today when again he sat on another bike it was with her.

"Well I do, but today its more about convenience, Delhi roads will allow my bike a little more free space.", he stated facts.

Hoping on the back seat she commanded.
"Okay, our first stop is the orphanage, a little distance from here; I'll direct you."

<>

Stopping the bike outside 'Happy World' orphanage, they both made there way inside.
The minute Akira stepped in, every kid surrounded her calling her name "Akira didi- Akira didi" in unison and one by one.
She laughed at these precious kids and turned around to introduce Abhimanyu.

"Hello my baccha party. Today I have brought along with me a very special friend, meet Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.
You all can call him bhaiya or Uncle, as per your convenience."
And earned a glare from him on the last line.
Well, every kid called him bhaiya though.