5. The making of Akira

His bike crashed with the one of trees on the sides of the road, resulting in a huge crash sound.
In the very next moment the truck could have gotten her but he was faster than that, pulling her towards him they rolled across the road.

"Have you gone crazy?!", he yelled as soon as they got back on their feet.

But no reply. She was trembling, tears striking her cheeks, her sobs getting louder with each passing second, her breathing getting deeper and deeper, the mere voice that was coming out with her cries were now sounding as if getting chocked.
Panic Attack. A panic attack was so near her.

No not in the middle of a busy road, he won't be able control her if a crowd will surround them. Without giving second thoughts he picked her up in his arms as he carried her to the nearby park, the sunset point of the City.

As he placed her back on the ground, her legs gave up, before she could hit the ground he gathered her in his arms as he went down on the ground with her.
Moving the hair strands from her face, he made her look at him,

"Akshu! Akshu listen, sing Akshu, Sing! Atleast try to humm."

All she did was shook her head in big NOs. No time of argument he thought, pulling her more into his chest and rubbing her back, he started humming the verses of 'Oh Kanha'.

After five or more minutes he could feel her breathe was back to normal, before he could initiate any conversation, she spoke up all out of breathe,
"I didn't killed her Abhimanyu, I didn't killed her, she was my mother too. It was an accident, a terrible-terrible accident, she rolled down the stairs of the temple Abhi, she fell down the stairs. I am not a killer, not a murderer. She died Abhi, she died infront of my eyes, infront of my and Aaru's eyes, and we, I Abhimanyu I, I wasn't able to do anything, anything to save her, to save my mother, to save my Sirat maa."
She cried bitterly as she recalled the happenings of her worst day.

He made her look at him.
"Hey, hey, hey! Shhhh! Be quite. It's okay, everything is gonna be okay. It was one horrendous incident Akshu. You can't, you can never kill anyone, let alone kill, you can't even harm anyone willingly."

"I promised her Abhimanyu, I promised Sirat mumma that I won't ever leave Aarohi's side, that was her last wish. But look what I did, I made her hate me. She hates me Abhimanyu, she hates me. But I know what I need to do now, she wants me to leave, so I'll leave, I'll never show my face to her again, I'll go away. I am really really sorry Abhimanyu, I should have never pulled you in inside this mess, it was my promise, I should have been the one to bear it, not you, I shouldn't have stretched the matter that it comes down till the day of marriage. Aarohi would have never been happy in a loveless marriage like this."

She confessed all of it and realisation dawned upon him, she said the truth today because her sister would have never become happy with this marriage, to save her from a loveless life, to save her. Not him, not to save him, to protect him, not because she loves him.
And upon realisation, his grip on her started loosening up.

He got up from the ground without facing her, without even looking at her.

"Abhimanyu, listen I am so so sorry, sorry for whatever happened with you till now, sorry for letting this all happen. I know my sorry isn't going to make much of a difference, still I promise I won't let any problems arise in your life from now on because of me, trust me, please."
She said while sniffing.

He was way too overwhelmed with everything that happened in such a short period of time, that he really didn't knew how to react, still he replied with all that he could muster upon.
"I think I should drop you home, I am not going to leave to all alone like this.", his voice was firm, way to firm.