13. The Destiny's playgame

It's been a week since he came back from Delhi, a week of feeling lifeless, a week of her thoughts capturing of his mind and heart.

It was almost midnight when a emergency case was brought to the hospital.
She was a very familiar person to him and now she was his patient as well.
Checking on her and reporting her family, he took his leave to reach back home.

The next morning rolled in, he was on his rounds when a very known feeling irked him, the feeling of her, the feeling of her closeness, the feeling that indicated that she was near, the feeling of his heart beating in sync with her's.

Accepting this feeling he looked straight, waiting for her appear somehow. And, there she was rushing towards a ward, a ward he knows well would be her stop.

<>

Bringing her steps to a halt, grabbing the doorframe for support and trying to gain control over her breathing, she finally spoke,
"How's she now?"

These three words made the three people in the ward aware of her presence.

The yearning grandfather, Manish Goenka turned around still holding the patient's hand and looked at her granddaughter, finally standing infront of him after 8 long months. She still looked beautiful no doubt, but looked so grown up, so different, she didn't looked this different even after those 3 years when she away from them.

The brother, Kairav Goenka standing in the corner, stifled his sniffs and gulped down his tears as he soaked in his sister's presence. His chotu sister was not looking that chotu anymore, the sister whom he used to compare with the size of cats was looking like one dangerous cat that his father used to call her- Chotu sherni, but now all set to roar and attack.
He couldn't believe it was his sister, his Akshara, his Akshu, his Akshi. Perhaps she really was an Akira now, a fact that only he was aware of and none of the other family members knew.

His trance was broken when his sister finally took some steps inside the ward and moved towards the patient, he finally replied to her earlier question in a meek voice,
"She's fine now."

Taking a seat beside the patient, helding her hand she spoke,
"Mimi you almost scared me."

And the patient, the great-grandmother, Mrs. Sushasni Goenka became too emotional, too emotional that her lips started wobbling as she tried not to brust open with tears.

Raising her hand she lovingly circled her Kittu's daughter face,

"Akshu? Are you really here?"

Overwhelming. Everything Akira was feeling right now was Overwhelming, she was feeling the way Akshra would have felt- Emotional. And all this emotions were chocking her, before she looses control over herself she excused saying she needed water.

<>

She was pouring herself a glass of water from the water cooler when she felt her heart thudding loudly, it only acted this way when he was around, and who was she fooling, she was standing in Birla hospital, he definitely was very close.
To calm down her beating heart, she turned around only to let her eyes meet the most beautiful pair of hazels in the world.

Standing five foot away from her, he was still looking handsome and charming like always, only difference was that a week ago his eyes were shiny but now they were gathered around with darcircles.