28. I can't do this.

Trigger warning- This chapter contains mention of self harm.
_________________________________________

The entire hospital was alarmed as Neil had informed them on prior basis.

Akira was rolled into the hospital with Abhimanyu holding her hand firmly, leading them to the operating theatre.

"Okay team, we need to find out the poison that she consumed to find out the antidote.
Now, quick, quick, quick! Send her samples to the testing lab as soon as possible.", Mahima Birla commanded her team.

"Its not poison. Its a case of over dosage.
Sleeping pills and panic attack medicines.
I know the composition, I know the brand, drug company and have the bottles with me."
Mahima looked at her Nephew, talking mechanically, breathing shakingly and losing control on himself.

"Okay Abhimanyu, great!
Now, it will so easy for us to start working on her, you did the best help.
Look at me, you'll have to stay calm son.", she spoke with motherly affection.

"Please save her, I'll die from guilt.", he pleaded with tears streaming down his eyes.

"I'll not let anything happen to her, you'll have to trust me my kid."

"Team, get working, we need to flush out the medication from her system. Take notes from Dr. Abhimanyu to know the composition.", she switched from her motherly figure to the practical doctor in an instant, keeping a control on her emotions.
_________________________________________

They kept waiting outside the OT, the Birlas and the Goenkas for an hour before the operation room lights were turned of and exited Mahima.

Abhimanyu rushed towards her, pleading a question with his eyes.
"She out of Danger.", she said with a smile.
And for the first time today, he was able to breathe normally.

Addressing the other waiting people, she announced.
"She will gain consciousness within a few hours, probably by the evening.", and they all took a sigh of relief.
_________________________________________

She tried to open her eyes but the lights felt a little too much brighter, making it difficult for her to open them.
Suddenly she felt the lights were dim and she adjusted easing.

Opening her eyes, as she expected, she saw her Abhi near the switch board, making sure not even the lights are harming her.

She saw him walking towards the bed, but frowned when he didn't even utter a single word and started noting down her vitals.

Before she could say anything, Kairav barged into the room, weeping horribly.
"We know we deserve to be punished but this big of a punishment Akshu?", he sobbed.

Seeing her brother cry so bitterly pained her.
"I know we dont deserve your forgiveness but why are you punishing yourself? My chotu sister don't deserve this, please never again try to harm yourself, I beg you my chotu, my baccha.", he said slowly creasing her hair.

"Sorry.", all she could utter in a mere whisper.

"Just rest baccha, take care.
We all are not allowed to meet you at once, but this time we are going to be there, you want it or not."

She slowly turned her head to see her family standing by the glass partition, looking shattered, folding there hands before waving her bye and she noticed Aarohi blowing her a kiss, as they used to do as a kid whenever leaving each other.

Kairav kissed her hands gently holding them in his hand before kissing her forehead and taking his leave.

Once he left she saw Abhimanyu still not paying any attention to her but taking of the medicines and injections.
She wanted to talk to him, apologise to him, just say his name but her throat felt parched as a desert making it unable for her.