22. Picture of Pune.

I hope you'll have re-read the story briefly.

If not then I request you all read it once to get an overview of what all happened till now.

_________________________________________

Standing near the car Akira held her hand to her heart.
Earth was round, after all, she collided with every person she thought she'll never meet again.
First was Abhimanyu, she didn't want to meet him again doesn't matter how hard her heart prayed for her to get a glimpse of him.

And now was the person whose shadow also she never wanted to cross.
Dr Kunal Khera.
He changed the life of Akshara forever.
He was the end of Akshara and the beginning of Akira.

Taking deep breaths, she tried to take control of herself. But it was too late the gate of the past was unlocked now, and the storm held behind them was now in front of her.

Flashback-

Akshara sat with her travel bucket list on the balcony of her parent's Mumbai house.
Rishikesh check.
Goa check.
Mumbai check.
Cape Town uncheck.
Greece uncheck.
Switzerland uncheck.

Major India visit done and now it was time for abroad. Her first stop was going to be Switzerland, which was the place where her father realized his love for her mother and confessed for the first time. The thing was she didn't have that amount of savings to stay in Switzerland.

It was enough with the viewpoint of India. Her new job didn't pay much, as a fresher it was enough but not something that will provide her accommodation in dollars.
In India, she didn't worry about her accommodation cost, every place has something owned by her parents.

She shut down her note app and came across her phone's wallpaper.
Him.
It was his picture.
She slowly ran her fingers over it.

"Abhi, I promise to be a better person for you. I know all these places will help me find myself and the day I'll get myself, that day I'll return to you and introduce the real Akshara to you and she'll be all yours.
Just don't forget me, hold onto me, it is just a matter of time, hope you'll wait for me."

Her chains of thought got broken when the screen flashed the name of the person calling her- Maya.
Maya Khera, one of the friends of Akshara made while she was in Pune for three years.

"Hey, Akshara! How are you doing?"

"I am fine Maya, glad you called back."

"Oh please! Don't be silly now, of course, I would have.
Okay, listen, I talked to Bhaiya and told him about you, he wants to meet you in person."

"Thank you so much, Maya, you have no idea of how much you have helped me."

"C'mon Akshara don't be stupid, that's what friends are for okay? Just come to Pune and meet bhaiya, don't worry about where you'll stay, my house is your house."

"Sure Maya, I'll get the tickets for tomorrow itself."

Dr Kunal Khera was one of the most renowned doctors, a trustee for various schools and colleges and an investor in many hospitals, he had inherited all this wealth from his father and grandfather, it was generational.

Akshara was looking for a job switch and a salary increase and got to know about Khera's new investment plan in a psychiatric department in a newly established hospital in Pune.
That is why she contacted her friend Maya and asked for a referral purely on her talent as she forwarded her resume and work experience to her.

She was hoping to get enough savings from this job to land her in Switzerland and a stay of at least 10 to 15 days maximum.

_________________________________________