29. A Dream?

Last night she slept pretty early after that talk with Mahima because of the medications.

But the moment she woke up, her eyes were glued on the door, waiting for him to show up.

Finally after hours she saw the knob being twisted and a big smile broke on her but seeing the person it disappeared pretty quickly.

Harshvardhan Birla walked into the room.
"Sir?", she asked confused.

"I needed to talk to you. May I?"
She nodded in approval.

"Just leave him Akshara, just leave, go somewhere far far away."

"Excuse me?", she was taken aback.

"There’s no simpler way to say this, I am his father and want the best for him.
All his life he has suffered because of my and his mother's relation and I dont want to see him suffering even in his adulthood.
I want someone in his life who will bring sunshine to him, not thunderstorms and rain that you carry.
You may call me a bad person, a bad husband but I just want to be a good father.", he completed and looked at her who didn't had any reaction.

"I'll get the discharge papers ready.
You pack up your stuff.
I hope you understand and hopefully one day he too will understand.", saying so he left without even getting a reply.

Akira dragged herself somehow in the corridors of Birla Hospital.
Before she knew, her body gave up and she fainted.
_________________________________________

When she opened her eyes she found herself in an complete unaware surrounding.
Her heart started beating erratically, she got down the bed not ready to face anything anymore.

She heard some footsteps approaching this room and for defense grabbed the knife placed in the fruit bowl, in an urgency she got a cut on her finger and yelped in pain.

"What is wrong with you?", as Abhimanyu walked towards her swiftly before grabbing her finger and dabing it with the towel.

Akira was at relief finding out it was Abhimanyu.
"I leave you for 5 minutes and you find out new ways to injure yourself.", he shook his head in disappointment before putting a bandage.

She just hugged him tightly.
"I am sorry, I was just scared, I woke up and found myself in this unknown place and my mind made me think the worst."

He reciprocated the hug.
"I am sorry, I shouldn't have left you alone.
I just brought you to my apartment."

"No, no, please don't be sorry, it's not your fault.", she said breaking the hug.

The next moment he pulled her by the waist flushed against his chest.
"What were you thinking, huh?", he asked angrily.

And then let her go with a jerk, moving back two steps to create a much needed distance.
"Don't act innocent Akshara.", he said looking at her confused look.
"When I found you fainted on the floor, I inquired Dr. Rohan to ask, how did you even got a discharge? Who was the last person to meet you?
That is when I was made aware Mr. Harshvardhan Birla.

I confronted him, he told the bullshit he fed you.
That's not even the worst part, the thing that hurted me the most was that you believed him.

Why is it so easy for you to leave me Akshara? Why? WHY. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.?", he brusted out like a volcano.

This time she took two steps towards him, cupping his face, meeting his eyes she spoke.
"No Abhi, no. I was not going to leave you this time, infact I wanted to talk to you that's why I was coming towards your cabin but before that I fainted."