17. The orphans

Everything was going smoothly. Smoothly as she had planned, planned to keep a distance between her and Abhimanyu. She used to come to work after his shift must have started, leave before his shift ends, got herself to work at a nearby child care facility to keep her free hours not free anymore, taking and suggesting to take as many sessions as possible. A perfect execution of her plan, that was doing no good to any of them.

Not until today as she was rushing towards 'Birla Mansion' to support the man who has always treated her in the most elegant manner and today he needed her, today she left behind her reasons of keeping a bay with him, not today.

She took slow and calculated steps at the entrance stairs of the Birla house and as she stepped in she met with a furious Manjari Birla.

"How dare you Akshara? How could you give those papers to Neil?", the angry mother asked.

"I..did...What do you mean aunty I am not getting it.", the confused Akira questioned.

"Aunty she is always like this, she just wanted to take revenge from all of us, she did all this to bring shame on your family. She and her blant reasons aunty, but don't worry Neil will be okay.", Aarohi said with a cunning smile while rubbing Manjari's back.

And it hit Akira, just hours it made to the headline of every news channel that Neil Birla was not an adopted but an illegitimate child of Harshvardhan Birla. With hours of conflicting with her own thoughts of whether she should go to meet Abhimanyu or not considering it a family matter but concluded on she atleast should be a good friend and stand with him in tough times.
Little did she know that the entire blame was shifted on her head when she was clueless.

"I can't believe you did all these just because things were not in your favour. I don't know why you did this but I am not going to listen any of your stupid excuses.", Manjari yelled at her.

"Maa atleast let her expl--", Abhimanyu tried to defend but was cut off by Aarohi.

"I don't know what magic she has done on Abhimanyu but let us leave that topic for now. I just told her to collect the DNA file, but she went through it. And you know aunty when I found out that what Neil's DNA stated, which to be precise she only told me, then I almost begged her to hide the file from Neil but she did the just opposite and gave the file to him only.", Aarohi manipulated in her very truthful sounding voice.

"What are you saying Aarohi? You only told me to give the file to Neil.", Akira confessed.

"See aunty. I told you she is again going to put this up on me."

"Akira is not lying, you also told me to collect the file from Akira as Harsh sir was asking for it.", came the voice of Neil Birla standing by the door and Aarohi started seeing a crack in her plan.
She didn't thought Neil would return this early after she emotionally brainwashed him, saying he should disappear for a while so that the Birlas realise his worth and also to punish them.

Abhimanyu clapped sarcastically.
"I always used to think of the lengths you can go; today you proved you don't have a specific measurement of that, you can go beyond imagination Aarohi Goenka.
You were the one to collect the file and then handed it to her and then even asked Neil to take it from her.", before Aarohi could say any other nonsense, he roared,
"Don't you dare turn the tables. Stay. Out. Of. My. Family."

"I have no words to describe your stupidness Aarohi, you played with someone's life just to take revenge on me and the Birlas, the revenge of I don't know what naive thing in the world.", Akira rolled her eyes in disbelief of her sister's doing.

"I don't care who told me what. Its the truth that I am a Birla, a Birla no one knew about, a Birla who was never accepted, a Birla who was given love out of pity, a Birla, a disgrace Birla.", Neil spoke in an broken voice before storming towards his room ignoring the calls of his big brother to wait and give them a chance to explain.