3. Meeting the eyes from the past

As his flight landed at Delhi, an uneasy feeling wrapped his mind and body. But he couldn't decode what this feeling was, or what it indicated. Blaming it all on his tiredness he moved out of the plane and made an exit from the airport.

And as expected there was a driver standing with a board of his name- Dr. Abhimanyu Birla just outside the exit gate. He waved towards him to let him know that it was him and the driver got his luggage loaded in the trunk of the car. After having a discussion of staying at any hotel, he finally gave up on his mother's plead that he should stay in there Delhi's apartment, as also it had a closer distance with the New-ray hospital, so as a conclusion the assigned driver was taking him to the apartment.

The closer he reached to his destination the more the uneasiness increased, as if his heart was pleading to be little faster and reach there in a fraction of second.

"Sir, we have reached your apartment. I'll help you get your luggage to your flat.", the drivers message made his heart settle down.

"Sure, thank you for your help.", he said politely.

<>

As he settled on the couch and grabbed the water bottle to sip the water, he heard voices of girls giggling nearby, he stood up and moved towards his balcony towards the source of these noises.

A four storey small building, more like a house was just infront of his apartment, just across the thin lane, he himself had the flat on the fifth floor, hence all the balconies of this house was quite visible, not that he wanted to keep an eye or something, but there was strange yet calm feeling he was getting from this house.

Upon inquiry from the housekeeper he found out that the building infront was a girl's PG cum hostel. But for him it was more than that, he needed more information than that, or perhaps information about someone specific. What if she was.....
"No Abhimanyu, No, not that lane, she is not here, nope, can't happen.", his mind stated.

"Really? Okay, if not here then where is she? Huh? You'll have to accept that you are still longing for her. Don't be a coward and just ask anyone from her family about her whereabouts. You never asked them, okay. You just told yourself that you don't care, but you do care Abhimanyu Birla, you do. They can pretend that they don't know where she is, that she is no longer in Udaipur. But they must know where she is, right? They know na Abhimanyu? Do they? Why can't you ask them? What if no one knows? What if she is not okay? What if she is waiting somewhere for you reach out to her, for her?", her heart argued.

"Stop! Just stop you both! Let me sleep.", he screamed.

>>--<<

He woke up the next morning, not with the chirping of birds but the honking of cars, the jam packed Delhi was awake. Still for some reason that last night's sleep felt much much better to him than any sleep of any night from the last eight months.

It was settling for him. As he woke up his heart also woke up and poked him again with her thoughts, thoughts of she being somewhere near to them.
But his mind was not in any mood to take these hints and suggested him to get ready as he has to reach the hospital first to meet the consulting doctor of the patient he has to operate on.

And with that he moved towards the washroom to freshen up.

At sharp 11 he was at the hospital entrance, from 2 pm onwards the event was to start, plenty of time till that, also today it was just a greet and meet session, nothing informative, just a formal meeting so even if he'll reach a little late it won't cause any harm but he likes to be disciplined with regard to time.