11. Laila- Majnu

After sharing their day with the kids they headed towards their next stop, the old age home.

The old age home was such a warm and homely place, they spent their time with the aged ones chatting, listening to their stories, hearing their favourite 90's music and playing some card games.
He felt himself drowning in her kindness while listening the praises these elderly people had for her, the way she used to treat them as her own parents, would always stop by to spend time with them and sometimes would even organise small fun parties for them.

Having their lunch with them, while also getting fed by those loving hands, they finally bid a bye to the oldies and moved on.
Devouring the evening snacks from the streets of Delhi, which earlier he was reluctant to but how can he say no to her. With that their day almost came to an end.

After returning back the rental bike, they were walking down street towards the hostel.

"I think we are almost done for day, is there something more on the list?", he asked not letting any single moment of this day go waste.

"Yes, we do have. We need to feed Laila and her gang and then we need to feed her rival gang of cats, headed by my favourite orange chonky boy catto Majnu.", she said while kicking the pebbles on her way.

"Laila? Majnu? Are you being serious? These are the names.", he asked wheezing because of his laughing.

"Yes! Laila and Majnu are finally getting along, it's a typical 'Enemies to Lovers' story."

"You know na they are both very different species.", he said raising his eyebrows.

"Ofcourse I know! It's a love story against all the odds.", she announced dramatically by making Square with both her hands as if announcing a movie's name.

"You are so silly.", he chuckled even more.

<>

Finally after feeding the stray babies and Abhimanyu trying to overcome his fear of cats, who didn't helped him even a bit by hissing and growling at him.
He almost started a paw fight with them by hissing back, although Akira controlled the matter because getting a doctor injections after he got bitten by Majnu would be comical.

After getting a scolding that he shouldn't become like a cat by all his annoying meowing and that giving bribes of extra food to the dogs to attack the cats is such a stupid thing to do, all this while he just pouted and finally held his ears infront of God's tiniest and cutest killer machines in a sorry, while they didn't accepted by being busy in licking their paws.
Soon they left for their dinner at the mess but not before he turned around to poke his tongue out towards the cats.

Finishing their dinner, they moved out as she waved him bye and he left towards his apartment.

<>

Standing in the balcony he once more peeked towards her room, but nope she still wasn't there, maybe still helping downstairs in the food mess.

He turned around, only wanting to bang his head on the wall for imagining her once again standing infront of him, but this imagination started talking.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have come inside like this, but your door was open and I rang the doorbell which you didn't answered, even knocked multiple times and called you out, but you didn't replied, so I came inside like this.", she explained.

"Oh...umm....yeah, maybe I didn't heard. "

"What are looking out from your balcony from so long?"