04

: 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲?

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

Sounds. The first one of my senses floods straight to my ears. Immediately, my body was alerted by the roars of low, sniggers - which could be easily to be mistaken as the Devil's courtroom - and monstrous bangs elsewhere around me.

Then my sixth sense seeps into consciousness hissing at me to run.

The hissing developed into a whole other play as I remained still. Now, it was a dissonance of screeches scratching on my skull.

I'm in danger.

My whole body jolts into a human alarm, trembling as I scrunch my body into a ball, sweating the amount as an ocean. I then feel the adrenaline surge throughout my bloodstream and the hissing triggers my mind again.

Stay silent.

I managed to hold my breath and my body still as more sniggers passed closer by.

I'm in danger.

Taking my hand away from my mouth, I slowly opened my eyes through a half-lidded gaze. And with a sigh passing through my lips, I've met myself with complete darkness.

Shivers run through my body. Again, I've found myself with my body shaking all over the place. Agony fills my body and explodes out of it like a can of Coke being shaken.

I'm in danger. But stay silent.

Gritting my teeth against the anguish in my body, I roll myself around the floor, bed, table, or - whatever I'm laid upon, and took a deep breath. Is this what rolling to death feels like? Am I really going to hell? This surely can't be the end of my life. Surely? Not here, not where I'll probably be tortured till my death.
But after the past few years, I doubt he would open the gates so willingly for me.

Another wave of pure ache consumes my skin like a predator consuming its prey. Accidentally, I quickly lose track of my silence as a small groan clears out my lips, leading to a fire loading down my throat.

Have I really gone?

My thoughts come to a massive halt as more sniggers breeze down past me. Close but not too close.

I suck in a yelp and held my body into a ball.

This is it? It's men. Old men. That I can hear. Why have they taken me?

Shaking the thoughts to the back of my mind, I try to bring some sense back to the front, thinking of the last thing I can remember.
Something tickles the dark corner of my brain, itching at the thought of Vivvian, my best friend. The image of her standing over at a bar unlocks the floodgates in my foggy brain and everything rushes back to me.