12

G I A V A N N A         A M A T O

ALL type of stylists came in my room, early in the morning, to help me prepare for the Masquerade Ball.

I had a full glam team for a shitty party, which I have no idea what it's about.

All I know, is that it happens once a year in Paris. And a lot of famous figures attend. So, I have no idea why I'm attending.

"Can I have my hair curled please?"

"Mr Auclair said straight hair." My hairstylist, Lila, responds.

He really does have a shite taste. Straight hair to a formal event?

"And I want curled." I say, and she goes to pick up the curler, beginning curling the ends if my hair.

Perfect.

Atleast she isn't scared of 'Mr Auclair'

Whilst that is happening, the makeup artist, started applying my base. And someone else started to do my nails.

To say the least, it was hectic. And we have only started.

I look through magazines whilst they do their thing. I spot gorgeous dresses that I needed ASAP. Sebastien better have his card out for me.

My nails were a blood red shade. I was obsessed. I thanked the lady a bunch of times, got her number, and she is now my own nail artist. The perks of dating a French Mafia leader.

After 40 minutes, my hair was done and I decided to take a break from the chair.

"I'm going for a break." I say, and I stand up from the chair.

All that chaos made me overwhelmed and I started to need

Alcohol

Drugs

Cigarettes

Again.

I required to have it in my palms, down my throat, in my stomach and running in my veins.

Luckily, I know my way around this maze this time, so I headed straight to the kitchen.

The alcohol cellar was right in eye view.

I'm 8 days sober. But fuck it.

I grab clutch of the whiskey and chug it down.

The sensation of the liquid hitting my taste buds made me crave even more of it.

The grip got tighter, as I flushed more of the drink down my pipe.

I felt like I was in heaven.

I quickly finished that bottle, and reached for another.

I do the same, by chugging it down. Feeling the molecules of it on my tongue.

All the pain I had in the last few days, washed away. I felt like a ton of weight has spilled out of my body.

I felt painless.

Before I left, I grabbed another bottle -just incase -

Successfully, I made my way back to my room, with no Sebastien lurking in the hallway.

I was excited to see him though.

The makeup artist carried on with my makeup, while we talk about our lives.

His name was 'Alex', he was so genuine and nice.

"I think it's time for the dress." Amelie says, holding the dress in her hands.