17

G I A V A N N A       A M A T O

A tsunami floods my mind. I can't think. I can't think.

I'm getting heaved out of my seat and to the back of the restauraunt.

Gunshots are still being fired.

I look around.

We are being attacked again.

"KEEP HER SAFE, IF SHE GETS HURT ILL SNAP YOUR NECKS IN HALF." Sebastien roars as he grabs a gun from his waistband.

"NO, SEBASTIEN!" I yell, reaching my arms out but a guard is seizing me back.

"You'll be alright, Malady." He shouts back at me, then heads outside without a second thought.

Swims form in my eyes.

He's going out in danger. And I'm watching it happen.

I'm being taken away by his stupid guard.

The guard still has a firm grip on me. Definitely not letting me go.

Deafening sounds border the restaurant and the surroundings.

Sebastien is out there. He's out there with the bullets, the blood, the pain. Sebastien is out there again. For me.

"Please, let me go and fight with him. I love him." I beg, looking up into the guards eyes.

He shakes his head as he carries on dragging me out of the building.

"I SAID LET ME GO YOU PEICE OF SHIT." Adrenaline fills up my veins and shots all through my body.

I clasp onto his hands which hold onto me and rip them from my shoulders. I take reach of his gun from his belt.

I aim the gun at his body.

"Stay the fuck back." I growl, as he slowly tries to come closer.

"Please, Miss. I'll die. I cant let you go."

"I'll take the fall, you won't die. I promise you."

Still with the weapon in my grip, I run out of the back building and outside.

Gunshots still plaster in my ears and I have no clue where Sebastien is and who is attacking us.

I just want him back.

I crouch beside the building. My eyes pierced for the attackers and Sebastien.

I hear muffle sounds of people shouting to one another. Italian accents.

You have to be fucking joking.

I take control of my mind. I don't panic.

I'm strong.

That's what Sebastien would tell me.

My eyes follow the figures until my eyes latch upon Sebastien's silhouette.

"Sebastien." I whisper under my breath, having hope he would see me or hear me.

My eyes stick to him as I crawl behind the flower beds.

Gunshots still pierce my eardrums until one of them pierced my heart.

I screech.

Sebastien lay there on the road with blood gushing out of his body. His body laid there. Lonley. Lifeless. Needy.

"SEB-" My words got cut short as a palm sticks over my mouth.

Fuck.

A person grips onto me and drags me into the back ally.
I kick and squeeze. I try to form a yell. But nothing worked. I still had my gun, but I couldn't put it at the angle of whoever was on me.
He stopped at the end of the allyway and finally releasing me. Then, I aim to make a run for it.