35

G I A V A N N A       A M A T O

"GIAVANNA!" Antono screams my name as Marcelo and I race down the hallway, aiming for the door.

"Nearly there" Marcelo pants, sweat drips from both of our foreheads.

My lungs feel as if they are bleeding as we carry on through the silent hallways.

I just need to find Lucas. I need to know that he is okay, and Antono is definitely not going to stop me from doing so.

"Here." Marcelo passes me a silver shotgun and I clutch onto it.

"Thanks." I pant.

Then, we finally reach the steel backdoor at the back of the mansion. Quickly, Marcelo opens it to reveal the cold air breeze across my bare legs.

He shuts the door in Antono's face and we run a little, turning the corner.

"Stay by me." He states, once we turned the corner of the building.

Our breathes try to catch up to normal speed, as we begin to walk instead of running.

My feet were in incredible pain since I was only wearing little black socks.

"Why are you allowing me to do this?" I ask, following him.

"You only live once." He smirks as he looks at me from behind.

I confusingly nod, then, I put in the stolen earpiece that I took from Antono in my ear. And suddenly started hearing a bunch of loud men shouting the words that 'Adrian and Thomas are here'. I glare up at Marcelo who is also listening at it, and he immediately looks back at me with a slightly fearful worried expression.

I turn off the earpiece.

"We are just going to watch. I don't want you wrecking Lucas' plan. Or dying." He clears the silence.

I roll my eyes and we carry on walking outside, but close to the wall of the house so we don't catch anyone's view.

"Down here." Marcelo whispers as he crouches down behind a black, metal fence with bushes crowded from the other side.

I crouched down with him and peered through the bars to see the image of Adrian and Thomas just climbing out from a limo.

My eyes pierce at their movements in the dark.

They both wore fitted suits, and both held a gun at their grips. Thomas reminded me a lot like Sebastien when I saw him since, whenever I  saw Thomas in France, all he wore was black trousers and a t-shirt. Unlike Sebastien, as he always wore a suit.

"What's Lucas' plan?" I ask, still not knowing what is going down tonight. And still pissed no one told me about some Mafia drama mission.

He shrugs.

Great.

"Your don't know his plan?"

"He said to keep you safe in the house," he nods at me, "And to keep guard if anything goes wrong." He replies.

"Stubborn arse." I mutter.

"You love couple have something in common."

My mouth gawps open, "Fuck off, I don't like him one single bit." My elbow makes contact with his bicep as I crush it into him, causing him to fall on the ground.

I laugh at his sloppiness.

"Aye, you fucker" He growls, reaching for my arm, but I slap him away.

"Try me" I smirk, leaping onto his body, and wrapping my legs around his torso securely. My palms hit against his cheeks as he tries to wiggle out of my force.