53

G I A V A N N A              AM A T O

After I had concluded my articulation towards all the German Guards, they all endured in their neatly polished lines and fled together to the back corner, where they would place their weapons. Once the last guard passed me I turned my head around to create a preferable view for myself, and to watch them all walk synchronized. However, I didn't receive that sight at all. Instead, my eyes caught directly upon a familiar figure standing before me. A figure I despise to have seen again. They had to go.
So, in reaction, my whole body turns around to face his and I take a step closer, "Absolutely not," I shake my head, "You're not doing this for the second time." my teeth grit together, "You cannot do this." 

He never lifted his eyes from the floor, or his head from the low position, or his hands locked inside his pockets. 

"Sebastien," I whisper-hiss, "Look at me." 

Slowly, his head lifted upwards creating his emerald eyes to automatically dart through mine, and I held the eye contact he had disposed of, even though this simple action had already sent flutters to fill my body. 
But I could not focus on what his eyes sparkled about. Something else caught my eye. 

His face. An unpleasant, nasty-appearing bruise had accommodated faintly across most of his cheekbone. I couldn't figure out what sort of object a mark like that would make. The shape was plain. But then something else sat dreadful upon his face. Beneath his eyes, hung evident dark circles ticking the box of his tiredness effect. He looked battered.

Those two things certainly weren't layered across his face the last time I'd seen him. Plus, it makes zero sense how he had gotten them in such a short period of time.

I passed over the somnolence gaze shadowing his face and spoke again, clearing the couple of seconds of silence, only filled with the guard's footsteps. "What the fuck are you doing here again?" I look around the room, "You can't be doing this again. You can not. Just no." my hands cut through the air.

The pupil inside his eye largened, covering most of the green iris, leaving me with another spiral of chills flooding my body. He licked his lips with a smirk on his face, then spoke. "I am unquestionably not trying to make you look insane." he actioned a low head shake, "You're simply doing that yourself." 

'BANG!' A loud commotion of clamour approached forcefully from the corner of the room, resulting in me snapping my head above and to the side, unblocking my view from Sebastien. The guards behind had begun cluttering all their weapons down one by one, making their entrance back to me. 

I snap my eyes back into Sebastien's, "You need to go. Now." 

"Only until you realise something." he talks over.

Huffing, I press my shoulders down and crossed my arms, my leg bent outwards. "I don't need to realise a thing. I need you to realise you should fuck off to hell right now." my voice accidentally grows louder at the end. 

With that, his jaw clenches slightly, his back firmed up, and his eyes squinted deeper inside mine, making more shivers coil throughout my skin. But, he never lifted his lips to speak. All the action he had executed, was looking stiffly behind him towards the synchronized guards. I look behind him too, and most of them had finished, and the first guard leading them all began to line up. 

He turns back round to me, catching my eyes again, with a stern expression painted across his face. 

"Go," I state. "Leave me alone. You're doing absolutely no good here. Just go."