44

G I A V A N N A           A M A T O

It's been days since we comprehended that somebody has caused my life to be in even more danger. It's been too long. Long enough for us to capture them. But we haven't. We hardly hold any trails that will direct us to them.

We are sucking badly. And we ought to figure something out.

And I'll do anything just to uncover the name of whoever did it. I want to. I need to. I will.

So, for starters, Lucas has plotted hundreds of his armed men all across the country to keep looking out. Matteo intelligently hacked into most security systems in the premises of Italy. Antono, and some other men, travelled down to the location where the file was exposed but found nothing. And finally, I have existed in Lucas' office for days upon end, staring at the computer screen, at this point, hoping a miracle would form in front of my eyes. (aka, I have found absolutely nothing.)

An example of why I have not gotten far in these couple of days is simply because when I get to a promising moment on the computer, it all changes direction and shuts down. This then carries in a loop, like one of those roller coasters you would go on as a kid. It starts thrilling, but then once it ends, you want to try more and more, until it gets draining.

Therefore, I'm drained as fuck.
The only thing keeping me sane is the speech that Lucas held upon me a couple of days ago. When he told me that he loves me. And that we have all the time in the world. And when this drama is concluded, he will take me out to dinner.
His voice chimes in my head all day. So, I have the motivation to carry on. Plus, he visits me quite a lot each day.

Regardless, I'm still in the fucking loop.
With a couple of clicks from my mouse, my eyes search what the net says, then more clicks until a pop-up appears on my screen reading 'this information cannot be provided' it's overall fucking bullshit but I can't bring my exhausted body to give up.

I snap my head up off the table, in response to the loud, creaky, wooden doors unlocking, and unveiling the figure of Marcelo Santoro.

I rest my back on the chair, as I speak, "What do you want?"

"I am just checking up on how my future sister-in-law is accomplishing," he replies, closing the doors behind him, and walking closer towards the desk.

"What makes you think that?" I roll my eyes.

A proud-looking smirk appears on his face as if he is happy that he has finally found something to annoy me about. "Oh, my Gia, did you see the way the two of you were acting at the meeting a couple of days ago? It was like two love birds facing off a denial."

"I don't think so." I shake my head.

"Plus, the number of times I've seen him come in here and talk to you, is insane."

I don't respond or react, since I know it's accurate, but I don't want to be explaining the relationship going on between Lucas and me, too his little brother. So, instead, I turn my head back to the priority of my computer screen.

"Nothing to say about that?" he carries on.

I silently shake my head.

"Boring," he sighs, "I haven't seen Lucas feel so free in all his life. I think you have a real force on him to show his true self."

I ignore him, tapping my finger pads against the keyboard keys, typing into the website, exploring the page, scanning for key data, and wishing to find the correct password I require. Then, the fucking loop appears.

I sigh as I dramatically hit my body into the back of my chair, rolling my head back, to view the upsidedown bookshelf.

"What happened?" I hear his voice speak from above me.