41

G I A V A N N A         A M A T O

Everyone must think that when I heard the news of my identity being revealed, it created me to self-destruct. they were wrong.

I never savoured a single dribble of alcohol once I apprehended that my name was given away.

I never ripped open a package that was lined up with a killing substance once Lucas had told me the reality of all of this. people would take me. kill me.

I never flicked open a torch to light my cigarette once I realised that this will now be my whole new life and there is no taking it back.

I forced myself to stop thinking of all of it. to stop myself from running out the room to devour myself in all of it. to hide myself from the pain.

I quit the drugs and shit.

Instead, I processed the words which Lucas spoke. I allowed myself to hear it.

but, even if I'm not going to break myself on drugs, I'll still make certain that the fucker who did this, dies in my eyes. Then, everyone will know to not fuck with the devil living inside of me.

"Well, thank you for telling me. But, I'll be heading to bed now." I say, whilst pulling myself away from Lucas' arms, looking around the room to all of his family starting at us. "And I'll help figure out who exposed me."

Miano rises from his chair at the other side of the room, "Do not worry about helping us. We have a good, praising team to do it." 

I glare over at him. "I said I would do it. Isn't it rude to turn down someone offer? Miano Santoro." I spit.

"Thank you, dear." Lucas' mother interrupts us, rising from her seat as well.

Lucas steps forward, closer to me, and clears his throat, "Miano I need you to call Nimra, she'll have the extra nuclear weapons we need. And don't flirt with her.Marcelo, call Matteo to gather up all information needed about the location of Thomas Auclair. He'll be our first suspect. Don't mess a simple phone call up."

They both nod and exit the room.

And that is when I register that my identity being revealed to the world is a massive thing to be happening. Lucas just asked for fucking nuclear weapons.

He senses my fear, as he clutches onto my hand, "Giavanna and I are going to bed. Do not attempt to bother me until tomorrow morning."

"Why are you going to bed?" I mutter.

He shrugs, and we both exit the meeting room.

We don't speak for a while until my thoughts overtake my brain, "Is it that big?"

He chuckles, rolling his head backwards, making us stop walking. "God, Giavanna, I didn't see you to be that horny after our kitchen situation."

I gasp, "Lucas, shut up."

"What?" He exhales, still chuckling like a child.

"I meant that people now knowing my identity is big, not your fucking dick size." 

Immediately, he finishes laughing, pulls my eyes into his, as he focuses inside mine. "Giavanna. You are not going to worry about it. The last thing I'd want is for you to panic over this situation being 'big' because you are going to be safe. Over my dead body you will die. I'll make sure of it."

I gulp. "I know."

"Fuckers like that can easily be crushed between your two fingers. Make them suffer."

"I know."

Comfortable silence is the only words that I could describe the rest of the walk, until we were met with my bedroom door.