56

L U C A S              S A N T O R O

I've got a gun inserted into my waistband and a freshly lit fire under my ass. Well, I wouldn't call it that fresh since flames combusted the day I heard Giavanna was missing, but for now, it's fresh for Thomas to see.

Thomas fucking Auclair. I wouldn't have seen this coming for many months. I only killed his brother a month or two ago, and he's coming for Giavanna that quickly? I would always call Sebastien the foolish one... however my mind shortly changed.
And don't get me started on the fact that he stole my woman. Realistically, I should have burnt Paris down and started a war between the whole world. But it wouldn't be shabby or petty, it would be a mark in more of my territory. She's mine. And no one can take her away. Not even using the lies that Thomas would drill into her sanity, just like Sebastien used to accomplish. She's mine.

I breathe out flames of agitation as I pass through the front gate of his mansion. Looking over my shoulder at all the additional guards who assume I'm one of them. His guards are just as foolish as himself. Can't pick out your friends from enemies? Just because I'm wearing the same outfit as them? Foolish.
Even more foolish not to realise that I killed one of their men to get the armoury I needed.

I turn right, gravel trembling under my step, and my feet are directed straight to the immense, towering double doors.

Picking out the chain of keys from my waistband, I realised that there were too many for me to be standing here and slotting them in one by one. So, I clicked the undersized button on my earpiece and whispered into it.

"Do you have a camera on me?"

Matteo, on the other side of the earpiece, was sitting in the SUV parked a couple of miles away from where I stood. Also, the SUV was a production of all his equipment. His laptop, monitors, headset, keyboard, wiring things and much more. And right now, he was sitting examining the cameras inside the Auclair house. We had already confirmed Giavanna is in there, speaking with her mother. But right now I require his aid with the key situation.

"Yes. Directly in front of the main doors. I see you."

"What key would I be looking for to unlock the entrance?"

Unnecessary hesitation flutters on the other side of the piece until some clicks are presented, followed by his voice, "Can't you just bust down the door?"

Puffing out my chest, I scrutinize the door and place my hands against it, pressing hard, feeling the weight this door can maintain and how substantial it is. Then, I speak back through the earpiece, "I can."

Yet again, another foolish act of Thomas Auclair. Doesn't have a mind for architectural potencies.

Quickly, I grazed my eyes behind me, seeing no soul of his guards, and turned around to kick the doorknob with my boot. It took a couple of kicks, but I was soon dusting off the wood harvesting on my clothing, and stepping into the foyer.

I walk slowly to the middle of the empty area, talking to Matteo. "Lead me to where she is."

More typing and clicking pursue after my words, leading to his voice again, "You have more to bother about at the moment. Thomas Auclair is making a fierce walk, through the hallway leading to the foyer. Hide."

Hiding from him? No.

I look over to my right, then my left. My stride began as soon as I saw Thomas' eyes thinning into mine, his gun out and positioned in his hand, yet it was trembling tremendously.

"Be careful Lucas. You are in his territory. He'll kill." Matteo chimes in my ear, but I soon cut it off by pulling the metal from my canal. The sound bounced off the floor and made Thomas shake even more.