Chapter 2 Song of the Mermaid

Ash was showing Elvis around the village. "How come there aren't a lot of people here?" He asked. "Oh. Well, you see, there's this evil queen named Zariah who's trying to take over our planet. She plans to take over our galaxy! We could all be destroyed, so some of our villagers have fled to other planets like Earth," She sighed. "How come you're not fleeing?" Elvis asked. Ash looked down at her feet, "Well, I don't have any way to get to Earth. I can't fly that far and I don't have a ship. I was hoping you could help me find a way to get to Earth..? I've always wanted to go there!" "Well, I don't know, I might just be stuck here," Elvis wasn't feeling very optimistic. "Oh," Ash was a little disappointed. She tugged on his arm, "Elvis, c'mon over here!" "What?" He asked. She led him to a shack selling popsicles. The merchant was also a fairy. "Hello!" the male fairy said, kindly. "Uh, hi, can we get um, that one?" Elvis pointed to a dragon shaped popsicle. The merchant laughed, "I don't think you want that one, Earth boy! Unless you want to burn a hole in your stomach!" "Pfft. Ah, we'll take it anyway, thanks," Ash paid him with some fairy dust.

They walked away. "A dragon popsicle! Delish," Ash giggled. "Well, didn't the merchant say these burn a hole in your stomach? Why did we buy it?" "Because I've never had one before," Ash said, taking it from him. She ate it. Elvis stared in horror, "What have you done!?" She belched up some flames. "Excuse me," She giggled. "Yum! That was so good!" "How are you not dead?" He was very confused. "Fire doesn't burn me. I am fire!" "Now she's just talking like an idiot!" Elvis thought. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a female voice off in the distance, singing "Love Me Tender." "Who's that?" He asked. "I don't know. It's either an angel or a mermaid," Ash shrugged. That lady sure did sing like an angel.

"Sounds like it's coming from the beach. Why don't we go check it out?" Elvis said as he made his way to the beach. "Wait for me!" Ash giggled. When they got there, they found a mermaid sitting on a rock. She stopped singing. "Oh, hello," She said, happily, "I'm Rose." "Nice to meet you Rose," Elvis said. "Elvis Presley? Is that you?" Rose asked. "Yes," Elvis said. "Woah! Okay, here I come," she sprang up into the air. A gust of wind and a swirl of light shown around her as she was transformed into a human. She descended to the ground and skipped over to Elvis and Ash. Rose had short, fluffy, curly golden blonde hair, she wore a long, white sundress, she had fair skin, a curvy hour-glass build, violet eyes, and a cute, little nose. She was quite tall, 6'03'' to be exact. "Wow. You're a big girl," Ash giggled. Rose chuckled. Elvis blushed as he looked up into her starlit eyes. "I've always wanted to meet you, Elvis," she laughed. He shook her hand, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, darling." She blushed as she tried to cover a giggle. "I'm Ash," Ash said, shaking Rose's hand. "Hello, Ash," Rose smiled. "So, Rose, are you going to flee the planet?" Ash changed the subject. "I wish I could, but a space ship is too expensive," Rose said, sadly. Ash smirked, "Well, I think I have a plan..."