Chapter 23 Inferno

~A couple hours later~

Rose opened her wide eyes and found herself lying on the ground. "What!? W-where are we?" She yelped, sitting straight up. "This place is kinda...creepy," Elvis bit his lip, looking around. "And hot," Ash fanned herself with her hand. The room was scorching and it had dark rock walls, covered in blood. Rose picked up her trident and looked at it. She sighed in relief, "At least we have our weapons back...I feel safer now." "MMMPH!! M-my legs feel like pins and needles," Elvis groaned, hugging his legs.

"Oh, good," Rose smiled softly, "That means the feeling's coming back." Suddenly a huge shadow came over Rose. Elvis's jaw dropped as he looked up, "R-R..Rose," he gasped, trembling. "What?" She slowly turned around. A huge dragon loomed over her, grinning with its sharp teeth. Rose dropped her trident in shock. "AAAAAHH!!!" She screamed, being chased by the dragon. This was not a cute dragon, like Ratchet. It was a very scary, evil dragon.

Ash was sitting on the other side of the massive room. She acted fast and hurled her sword at the dragon. The dragon roared and screeched, the sword sticking in its back, blood dripping on the floor. It growled, pulling the sword out of its back and throwing it at the wall. It cornered Rose, smoke coming from its nostrils, its eyes glowed bright red.

"Elvis, do something!" Ash cried, "You're the one who killed Blaze!" Elvis nodded, grabbing his sword. "RAAAH!!" He ran toward it and stabbed it in the heart, blood gushing out. The stab caused little damage to the dragon. It roared in Elvis's face. The force of the loud roaring slammed Elvis's back into the wall. The dragon picked him up and threw him across the room. "AAAAAAHH!!!" Elvis screamed, as he hit the wall, his nose bleeding.

Rose noticed her trident on the floor across from her. She looked at the dragon. She tip-toed quietly past the dragon and grabbed her trident. Suddenly, the walls started to crack, fire slipped through the cracks. "OH NO!!" Rose shrieked. "WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!" Elvis cried, running to the door, "IT'S LOCKED!!" "T-there's gotta be a key somewhere," Ash tried to stay calm, but there was panic in her voice, "I'll handle the dragon." Rose coughed and choked on the smoke. Her eyes narrowed as she looked around. A silver key glistened in the distance. "I found the key!!" She ran over and picked it up. "Hurry!!" Elvis coughed.

"AAH!!" Rose tripped and dropped the key in the fire. "NO!!" Elvis gripped the sides of his hair in panic. The dragon hurled its fire breath at Ash. She stood completely still, not even bothered a bit by the attack. She sprang up into the air, "You can't burn me, dragon!" her eyes flashed, she gnashed her teeth and clenched her fists, "I AM THE FAIRY OF FIRE!!" She threw her arms up, summoning all the fire in the room and chucked the huge flaming mass at the dragon. The dragon roared, as it was swallowed up in the flames. Ash motioned with her hands for the remaining flames to come to her. The flames wrapped around her arms and went into her veins.

Ash gracefully landed to the ground and flipped her hair. Elvis and Rose looked at each other in shock. "That was...amazing," Rose beamed. "Why thank you," Ash giggled. "Let's get out of here," Elvis smiled, taking out his sword and chopping the door down.

Ash made her way out first and looked around, "The throne room," she gasped, her eyes lighting up in surprise. "Wow...I-I can't believe we've made it this far," Rose put her hand over her mouth. The throne room was ginormous and was filled with mysterious fog. They gasped and froze when they heard evil laughter off in the distance. It started to get louder, as the figure of a woman came closer. Queen Zariah walked out of the fog, "Hello, little wimps," she cackled.