Chapter 19 Amethyst Room

"Ash, come over here," Ratchet's voice said as a flash of green light took her by the hand and led her away into thin air. "Was that Ratchet?" Rose asked. "I think so," Elvis shrugged, "We should probably wait for her I guess?"

~Meanwhile~

"Hello? Ratchet?" Ash looked around, "What is this place?" Ash was floating weightlessly in a crystal room. It glittered like an amethyst. A swirl of green light appeared and shone around her, "Nice to see you again, darling," Ratchet said. That light was Ratchet. The light glowed green, a colour that reflects his calming soul. "Why am I here?" She asked, "Oh, and where's my bow and arrow? I hope I didn't lose it again." "I took it away," Ratchet replied, "I want you to have something better." "Like what?" Ash gasped. A silver sword, just her size, appeared in front of her face. "Woah," her eyes lit up like fireworks. "This is my gift to you. Whenever you miss me you can use it to teleport to this place and you can also use it to see me," Ratchet explained. It was a simple looking sword, not as big as Elvis's, but it had a stone on the handle that changed colours. When the stone glowed green it meant that Ratchet was near. A gentle warmth came from the sword, it seemed to possess Ratchet's soulful aura. Ash gently rubbed the stone with her hand and she could see his angel standing right there in front of her. "I don't wanna leave just yet," Ash smiled softly, "I wanna stay just a little while longer." "I was hoping you'd say that," Ratchet giggled, placing her in the palm of his hand.

~Meanwhile~

"Rose," an older male voice said. Rose turned around, "Father!?" "What!?" Elvis gasped. "Hello, daughter," the man said, coldly. "W-what do you want?" She gasped. Rose's father Dan smiled wickedly as he pulled out a giant sword. He started to charge at her. "Oh no you don't!" Elvis growled, jumping out in front of Rose and sword battling with him. "Ha! Oh, please, you think you can defeat me, punk? I've had much more experience," Dan laughed. "UGH!" Elvis grunted as he tried to stab him, but he missed.

Dan was a lot bigger and stronger than Elvis. He pushed Elvis to the ground and stood on top of him, getting ready to finish him off. "DAD!! DON'T KILL HIM!!" Rose screamed, tears running down her face. "What have I always told you, Rose!? You don't deserve to be loved by anyone!!" Dan shouted back. "I'm sick and tired of you always pushing me around, dad!" Rose cried. "Don't you talk that way to me, you disgusting child," he growled. "I'm 23 years old! I-I'm glad you abandoned me! I thought I was finally free of you," she exclaimed. Dan looked at her then back at Elvis. "Don't kill my darling," Rose continued, "He loved me like no one else ever did. He makes me feel beautiful and loved...he would never hurt me like you did." Dan growled and hurled his sword at Rose. She dodged it and threw her trident at him with all her might, "RAAAH!!" Dan fell to the ground dead, blood spraying on the wall.

"I killed him," Rose gasped quietly, "I killed my own dad." "You saved my life, Rose," Elvis stood up and hugged her, "Thank you." Rose hugged back, crying. "I-I-I can't believe I did that," she moaned. "It's alright," Elvis said quietly, "It's all over now." "NO!! DAD!!" Rose screamed, rushing over to her dead father, "Daddy, why'd you leave me!? What have I done!? Wake up!! Wake up!!" "R-Rose?" Elvis put his arms around her, trying to calm her down. "Why did he abandon me!!? He was right! I'm a mistake," she sobbed. "No you're not," Elvis rocked her gently, "That was in the past. Don't let the past haunt you anymore." Elvis held her face in his hands and wiped her eyes, "You gonna be alright now?" "Yeah, I'm fine," she sighed, "Maybe he was right about everything he said to me...I'm trying to be strong." "Hey, don't be so hard on yourself," Elvis smiled softly, "Everyone has their moments."

~Meanwhile in the amethyst room with Ratchet~

"Got any fives?" Ash asked, holding some cards in her hands. "Go fish," Ratchet said.