Chapter 20 Call of the Inner Dragon

*Credit to my best friend Lucille for this idea*

~Back at the castle with Elvis and Rose~

"Wow! Ash, where did you get that?" Rose marveled at Ash's new sword. "Ratchet gave it to me," she replied, "Look! The stone's glowing!" "What does that mean?" Elvis asked. "It means that Ratchet's presence...is here," Ash smiled, her eyes lighting up with joy.

Suddenly, a mysterious fog started to fill the hallway they were in. Zariah appeared with a strange watch-like object. "We meet again," she laughed. "What do you want, you old witch?" Ash growled. "I have a present for Elvis," Zariah smiled. She held up the watch and it started to swirl in bright colours. "C'mon, Elvis," she cooed, "Look at the colourful watch!" "Elvis, don't look at it," Rose put her hand over his eyes. Elvis started to get drawn into it, fascinated by its bright swirly colours. The colours spun round and round like some kind of hypnotizing device.

"Llamada del dragón interior," Zariah chanted, which means "Call of the inner dragon" in Spanish. "Come on, Elvis, don't try to fight the dragon inside you~" She disappeared and the fog went away. Elvis grunted and groaned, sweat dripping down his face, he cried out in a loud voice as he leaped into the air, going through his dragon transformation. His wings spread out, his pupils narrowed, he hissed like a snake as his fangs came out. "E-Elvis?" Ash bit her lip. He crashed through the wall, creating an opening. The full moon with its eerie light shined down on him as he hovered in the middle of the hole. He reached out his hand to Rose, "Come fly away with me, my beautiful mermaid woman!" "What!? Baby boy, we can't give up now! She's gonna destroy Dragonhaven...and then Earth," Rose pulled the sides of her hair. "I don't care! Let us die together," Elvis said dramatically. "Quit lolly gagging, Romeo," Ash punched him in the cheek.

Suddenly, Elvis started growling and snarling like an animal. "Ash!! What have you done!?" Rose cried. "I didn't do nothing to be ashamed of," she crossed her arms. He descended to the floor, crawling around on all fours, snarling and snorting like a bull. "Pfft, weirdo," Ash scoffed. "He must be acting out because of that hypnosis thing," Rose bit the inside of her cheek. "Elvis, stop being weird," Ash commanded.

"You think he can help it?" Rose shrieked, "The dragon part of him is taking over!" "Well, t-then, uh, just do something!" Ash yelled at her. "Stop being so bossy, you little twerp!" Rose cried out as she punched the wall, making the room shake. "What did you just call me?" Ash asked quietly. "I said you're a twerp," Rose hissed. "And you're an overgrown pussy cat with big feet," Ash kicked Rose in the shin. "OW! Oh, you butt head," Rose grunted. "Don't you talk that way to me! I'm the leader," Ash snapped. "Since when!?" Rose put her hands on her hips, "Who said that you were the leader!? No one, that's who!" "Well, it was my idea to save Dragonhaven from corruption," Ash growled. "Yes, why of course," Rose bowed down mockingly, "All hail the brave leader who brought us to the threshold of hell!" "Wah~!!?" Ash screeched at the top of her lungs in anger, "I'm losing my patience!!"

Elvis crawled over to Rose and picked her up bridal style. He started chewing on her hair and licking her face like a little puppy. "Stop! T-that tickles," Rose giggled. "Ugh, gross," Ash groaned, putting a hand to her face, "I can't watch this." Elvis kept licking her face and panting. Rose kicked her feet in the air, squealing and laughing. "Y'all are disgusting," Ash clicked her tongue. Elvis yawned and slowly dropped to the ground, cuddling Rose in his arms. Elvis fell asleep, he was out like a light. "Ah, this is cozy," Rose yawned, slowly drifting into sleep. "Stop that," Ash ordered, "We mustn't..." her eyes slowly started to close, as she descended to the floor, falling fast asleep.