Chapter 6 Poison

Warning: This part contains some gross stuff like vomit. If that makes you uncomfortable then you can skip this chapter, I guess.

Ratchet seemed to be outside, in the daylight. "Huh? Where am I?" He said, scratching his head. "Hello, little brother," A deep male voice said. Ratchet gasped and looked over his shoulder. A dragon stood, looming over him. He was a big, red dragon. He had very sharp teeth and horns. "B-Blaze? I thought...I thought you was dead!" Ratchet said, "I mean, I heard the gun go off. I thought that dragon hunter killed you!" Blaze laughed, "Ha! He was a terrible aim. I ate him!" "But, I love you, brother. Why didn't you come home to me and mom and dad?" Ratchet asked, tears coming down his face. "Oh, please! Don't give me none of that," Blaze scoffed, "Mom and Dad didn't care about me! You were always their favorite!" "That's not true!" Ratchet cried. "I just wanted to be free, okay!?" Blaze roared, "I wanted to do whatever I pleased! And now I'm gonna kill you!" "What!?" Ratchet gasped. "You better run! RUN, BABY BROTHER, RUN!" He roared.

"AAAAAAAAHH!!" Ratchet screamed as Blaze chased him. There was a random door standing there. Ratchet ripped the door open and found himself back inside. Turns out, he was never really outside in the first place, it was just a trap. He was still running and hyperventilating. Elvis caught him, "Where were you?" Elvis asked. "Honey, why are you crying?" Ash asked, wiping his face. "It's nothing. I'm fine," he said, pulling himself away from them. "You don't look fine," Rose said. "Well, I am!" There was an awkward moment of silence when Ratchet shouted. "If you say so," Rose said, "Let's go." They kept walking. "You sure everything's alright?" Elvis whispered to Ratchet. "Yeah, I'm alright now. I just saw my brother back there. He tried to kill me." Elvis nodded and put his arm across Ratchet's shoulders in a friendly way. Ratchet gave a little smile.

Just as they were about to leave to find the queen, a woman stopped them. "Hello, kids," the short, chubby woman said, "Where are you going?" "We're not kids. Please leave us alone," Elvis said, politely, yet sternly. "Aw, you guys look like you could use a break. Why don't you come have some tea," she offered, with a warm smile. "Ooh! A tea party would be fun," Rose grinned. "Don't be an idiot, Rose," Ash elbowed her. "That would be nice. This place is like hell," Ratchet said. "You guys can go, but I'm staying here," Ash crossed her arms. "Come on. Let's just take a break," Elvis smiled. "Ugh. Fine." The woman led them to another floor. "My name's Harriet by the way," the woman said. "Nice to meet you," Rose smiled. "Here's where I live," Harriet showed them in. "Are we still in the castle?" Ratchet asked.

"Well, uh, yes," she said, "I've been trapped here and I can't get out, so I just made my home here." "Mhm. I'm sure," Ash was suspicious of her. "Don't be an idiot, Ash," Rose elbowed her. "I already have tea," Harriet smiled. "Mmm. This is delicious," Ratchet said. "Thank you, dragon boy," Harriet smiled. "It tastes a little funny," Elvis whispered to Rose. "Mine tastes fine," Rose shrugged. "Would you like some, little pixie?" Harriet said to Ash. "No, thanks," Ash scoffed. "Suit yourself, Ash," Ratchet said. Elvis drank it anyway even though it tasted a little off. "Maybe it just needs more sugar," he thought. A little while later, Elvis felt ill. He was shaking and hyperventilating. "What's wrong, Elvis?" Rose gasped. "I-I don't feel so good," he said, as he fell to the floor. "He needs to lie down! Get some water," Rose ordered. She took him to the bedroom and laid him on the bed. Ratchet brought in a glass of water. Rose held the glass for Elvis while he drank. He started to sweat. "Are you okay, baby boy?" Rose asked, stroking his hair. He quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. Rose followed him. He started to throw up violently in the toilet. He puked up some blood. Rose stooped down and rubbed his back, "It's alright. Let it out." "I need you, Rose," he wept.

"I'll always be with you," she said, softly. Ratchet and Ash came in, they looked distressed. "What's going on? What's wrong with him?" Ratchet asked, with panic in his voice. "I think it might be food poisoning," Rose said. Ratchet growled in anger and went to Harriet. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" He screamed at her. Harriet was too shocked to answer. "WHY DID YOU POISON HIM!?" "I-I, uhh.." "Answer me or I'll kill you," Ratchet growled. "The queen made me do it! I only do what she tells me to do! Please don't hurt me," she cried. Ratchet nodded. Harriet sighed in relief. Ratchet burned her with his fire breath. He went back into the bedroom, "Everything okay?" "He's fine," Ash said. Rose was holding Elvis on the bed with his head in her lap. Ratchet sighed in relief. "Hey, Elvis," Ratchet said. "Hm?" "I'm glad you're okay," he smiled. Elvis smiled back. "Should we leave now?" Rose asked. "Yeah, I'm ready," Elvis sat up. They saw that Ratchet had burned Harriet as they were leaving. "Good job, Ratchet" Ash said, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Ratchet let out a little gasp and giggled softly. They walked out into the hallway. 

Zariah's cold voice played on a speaker, "Well, are we ready to give up and go cry at home?" "Never!" Ash growled. "I hate you, y'know," queen Zariah scoffed. "Yeah, I know. Why else would you be trying to kill us?" "I will kill you! I'll kill all of you!" "G'bye!" Ash giggled, shooting the speaker with her bow and arrow.