Chapter 12 - They SUS! Ain't They?

.

DISCLAIMER

All the posts in this story are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. The pictures used within this story are for visual representation only. The author of this book does not state or implied that the actions written in this story are representative of the actual people.

.

.

TUESDAY, THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE 2021

.

After his rough day with Chadrick and Keon, Curtis decided to avoid the "boys" in his life and spend the day with Tameika. They decided to go to the shopping center to blow off some steam and some of Tameika's birthday money. Tameika's father was trying to make up for years of not supporting her, so he sent her birthday cash earlier than usual this year. Unless other girls in class, she knew how to budget and stretch a dollar, so she and Curtis went to T.J. Maxx.

.

.

As Tameika was shopping, turning Curtis into a clothes carrier, they spoke about what they planned on doing with the rest of their summer vacation.

Going to parties, hanging out with their friends, events with their families, and working on troubled dating lives.

.

Curtis: ... Wait ... you got dating troubles too? I thought you and Jerry were ... [smirking]

... Ya know!

Tameika: [giggles] ... We're good, but ...

Curtis: [when Tameika doesn't finish her statement, Curtis digs for more information] ... Wait ... wait! You blowing my mind right now with what you not saying. Come on Tee! [tugging at Tameika's hoodie]

Tameika: I'm starting to have trust issues. So like, what if I feel like something's going on, but I don't have proof.

Curtis: Well, if you feel like something's going on, maybe you should find out. Unless you really don't wanna know.