Chapter 25 - High School Graduates & Some College Students

.

DISCLAIMER

All the posts in this story are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. The pictures used within this story are for visual representation only. The author of this book does not state or implied that the actions written in this story are representative of the actual people.

.

.

PROM NIGHT – THURSDAY EVENING, THE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL 2022

.

.

Curtis and Tameika went together, and Kendall and Makayla were planning to bring Chadrick as their third wheel. But, Chadrick had other plans. He kept telling everyone that he had a special surprise for them about who his date was.

.

Everyone was dressed to the nines - (another phrase I don't understand, but still know for some reason)

The music was bumping as the DJ the school hired, asked Keon to help them out and he stole the show.

.

After Chadrick answered his phone, he sprinted to the door screaming "HE'S HERE!" ... "EVERYBODY ... HE'S HERE!"

.

When he gets outside, a bunch of his classmates had followed him, including Makayla, Kendall, Curtis, Tameika, and Keon. Chadrick waited as two Chevy Suburbans escorted as stretch Cadillac Escalade in under the "porte-cochère" (I had to Google the proper name). The paparazzi were already outside the ballroom snapping away as the security detail got into positions. When the chauffeur opened the door none other than – Chris van der Berg (from the From Friends to Lovers series) steps out and is directed over to Chadrick by one of his assistants. The screams were thunderous as the security detail made a path for Chris and Chadrick.