Chapter 18 - You Always Tryna Fu¢k

.

DISCLAIMER

All the posts in this story are works of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. The pictures used within this story are for visual representation only. The author of this book does not state or implied that the actions written in this story are representative of the actual people.

.

.

FRIDAY NIGHT, THE SECOND WEEK OF OCTOBER 2021

.

A new girl named Candi Massey moved to Millbrook over the summer. She lived on the nice side of town, near Makayla's house. She was one of those spoiled last child of the family types. Her parents recently divorced because her father dumped her mother for the much younger women he was cheating with. Candi's siblings were all young adults and were the children of her father's first ex-wife.

Candi's mother was one of those "do it at home" type of parents. Her mother believed that this was the best way to keep her daughter safe. So instead of going out to parties, she preferred Candi hosting the parties and letting the other attendees (kids) risk walking, riding, or driving home themselves.

Candi was also all about the hustle. She started charging all her guests $20 to enter and that fee would cover all the drinks and food Candi provided in her basement. Candi would serve as the bartender and used Keon as her DJ. So Candi's spot became the go-to spot for high school house parties. There was a joke going around about the "Other Candi's Dungeon."

Two months into their senior year, the graduating class of 2022 started the year off with a bang. Chadrick, Makayla, Kendall, Curtis, Tameika, Jaleel, and Shamari were there, along with another 30-35 people coming and going at various times during the party.

.

The cliques within the cliques were on full display. Being a friend of someone in a clique that another friend in a different clique didn't like was as high school as water was wet.

Chadrick was friends with Makayla and Tameika and the two girls didn't like one another. Curtis and Kendall were friends with Chadrick, but they couldn't stand one another. Kendall and Shamari were also friends, but Chadrick wasn't a fan of Shamari.

Even though he wasn't a party "attendee," Makayla had issues with Keon because she believed he told people that she slept with Derrick after sleeping with Chadrick. And then there was the unspoken tension between Curtis, Chadrick and Keon.

.