Chapter 3

✩✩✩✩☆

The next day at Lunch Councilor Blatt was there, talking with everyone.

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Councillor Blatt says, not naming her ass, she basically spelled it out.

"The kid right there!"

"The kid with the weird lip."

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." Councillor Blatt concluded.

Clover rubs Eli's arm in comfort, basically putting him in the limelight there.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojos looking for recruits," Miguel suggests, which perks her interest. That's on her list.

"Yeah, right, you hear that, Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri says, trying to cheer Eli up.

"I'm serious, Demetri, all right? My sensei's the real deal, and I'm sure I could get you 3 discounts." Miguel tries convincing

"As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face" Demetri denies

"I'd have to talk with my parents but karate sounds awesome," Clover says, Miguel smiles.

"Oh, and one last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of "sexy nurse, maybe try "gender-neutral hospital employee."Councilor Blatt suggests, I giggle a bit.

" I kinda wanna dress as a sexy nurse, just out of spite," I say, the boys give me a look.

The next night was Halloween dance night, Clover got in her Cher costume. Miles got into a pirate costume, he went off to find the friends he made and Clover headed off to find Demetri, Eli, and Miguel. Clover spotted them, she grabbed some punch and headed on over

"Hey, nice costume, who are you?" Demetri asks, looking at her costume up and down.

"I'm Cher from Clueless," She tells them, they nod but she knew they didn't know who she is. The boys head off to the bathroom. Clover walks over to Aisha and see her costume, they start talking when her phone buzzes. I pull out my phone and see Aisha run out, I'm unsure of what to do. Poor Aisha, she was walking Kyler and his friends

"Look it's the slut" Kyler says, Clover wonders why he's calling her that he doesn't even know her, he's not the smartest. Clover starts feeling really unwell, she sits down against the wall and waits for her mum to arrive to get her. She sees this really pretty girl walk out of the dance with nice brown hair, the girl notices her.

"Hey, you alright?" the girl asks, Clover looks up confused to see one of the rich girls

"Yeah, I'm fine just the punch," Clover tells her, the girl smiles

" I haven't seen you around, you new? I'm Moon, '' Moon says.

"Yeah, I'm new around here, I'm Clover," She says, smiling slightly at the girl. Moon soon walks off after waving bye as her mum arrives, Miles was getting a lift home from a friend.

When she got home, she pulled out one of the flyers from the school of Cobra Kai. She walked over to both parents.

"Hey Mum, Dad can I ask you something," I say, walking over to them

"Yeah, what's up sweetie," Dad asks, wondering about my question

"I wanna join a Karate dojo," I tell them, handing over the flyer and then going to grab my bucket list. My parents looked a little uneasy at first.

"We'll think about it, alright honey," Mum says, keeping the flyer with her. Clover nods, heading towards the bathroom to shower, just being in the gym made her sweaty. Then starts texting Miguel, finding out he got beat quite badly by Kyler, you wince once you hear about his injuries but you tell him your parents are thinking about it. He then told me he isn't allowed to do karate anymore, you sigh poor Miguel.