ɪᴛs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ (eng)

Dominik Szoboszlai x Dani Olmo 𖣔
Genre: sad
Wörter: 859 wörter
Geschrieben: 24.10.2022
Warnung: /

Dominik and Dani, something everyone thought would last forever. They had even made their relationship public. But everything always turns out differently in the end, no matter whether they wanted it to or not.

Dominik sat on the couch, his phone in his hand and instagram open. Sighing, he read all the comments asking about him and Dani. They wanted new pictures of them, but unfortunately they would never get them.

That's why he opened the story function and took a simple, black picture. "I'm really sorry guys, but me and Dani are not in a relationship anymore. I ask you not to pick on it any more and not to hate anyone. Dani is a super personality and he deserves all respect. Love, Dominik."

He quickly posted this to his story before switching off his phone and throwing it on the couch next to him. He ran his hands over his face and closed his eyes for a moment. The break-up was still weighing heavily on his stomach, because although they had parted on good terms and the feelings for each other were still there, things had happened that made it impossible to continue the relationship.

They had been together for so many years, had shared and experienced everything together. They had been around each other most of the time, after all, they had lived together. And now, all of a sudden, it was all supposed to be over?

Now he had to wake up alone every morning, go to training alone every morning, make decisions alone.

And it was fucking hard.

But what scared him most was the press. When they had made their relationship public, they had already been pelted with thousands of questions and now that they had broken up, it would only get worse. But he also knew that he couldn't run away from it forever. At their next match he would have to face the press and somehow he tried to prepare himself mentally.

This was not a situation he had ever considered being in. He thought he would marry Dani one day, spend the rest of his life with him. And now that he knew it definitely wouldn't be, it only hurt more.

➵➵➵

Nervously he kneaded his hands, then brushed them against his trousers again. It would now be the first match he entered as a single. Without Dani at his side. Of course he would stand on the field with him, but he would not be able to go up to him later, kiss him or hug him. And that scared him. Since their break-up, everything was so different, his whole life had changed.

He took another deep breath and then stepped out of the bus. He had pulled his cap deep into his face and kept his gaze fixed on the ground. Flashing lights went off around him and many of the people were calling his name, but he didn't even looked up. He had to concentrate on the game now and he knew if anyone talked to him about Dani now, he could forget about it right away.

He quickly disappeared inside the stadium, straight into the dressing room. There he changed his clothes and went out onto the field. The fans cheered and finally it felt like everyday life again. Finally, he had something that hadn't changed completely.

The game went well. His thoughts were on the game and he even managed to deliver an assist. They had also won, which is why they jubilantly made their way into the dressing room. But before he got anywhere near the dressing room, he was stopped by a reporter who almost stuck the microphone up his nose.

Immediately the smile fell from his lips, but he tried to keep it up. Not everyone had to see how the break-up affected him.

The reporter first asked questions about the game, which Dominik answered professionally. And just when he thought he didn't have to talk about Dani and their break-up, he asked a question about the subject.

"Tell us, Dominik. What happened between you two and why do you think you can't have a relationship any more?", the reporter wanted to know and seemed to hold the microphone even closer to him in order to record his answer well.

"We loved each other and we lost each other. And now, although we still love each other, the pieces don't fit together like they used to. Of course, I could make myself fit for him. He could make himself fit for me. But that's not true love."

The reporter looked at him with wide eyes, definitely not expecting such an answer. But it was the truth and Dominik would definitely not lie.

The reporter then said goodbye and with quick steps Dominik finally disappeared into the cabin. He didn't want to be held up again, because he wouldn't talk about their failed relationship more than once. Now he had made everything clear and that was all the public needed to know.

___________________
hope u like it
🤓