《34》

Happy Reading!!!

Excuse My Mistakes!!!

The dawn hit Vaishnav at 10 am when he was forced to wake up. He whined like a child when his Mother woke up him in the Indian style.

She came into the room and just switched off the fan when he refused to wake up. He groaned and woke up finally. Shashi came into the room with his new clothes.

She just behaved like nothing happened last night. Didn't she propose him? Or just his dream?

His trance was broken when she pushed him into the bathroom. He got freshened up and reminded himself that he's 29 today.

Everyone wished him and presented their gifts and all. He looked at his Nannamma who is ready with his gift. They live in Adilabad and for every Deepawali they visit their homeland. And this year his birthday being on the same day was cherry on the top.

He kneeled infront of her and she blessed him to live happily ever and kissed his forehead.

He knelt infront of his Thatha who looked somewhat low but blessed him to be strong and healthy. His vulnerable tone didn't go unnoticed by his wife but she didn't raise her voice.

Sharada and Raghunath gifted the couple with their family jewellery.

"Oka pandithuni ga na manavadi bhavishyathu ela untado thelsu kaani oka thatha ga mounam ga undadam thappa inka em cheyyalenu." Raghunath said looking at Vaishnav and Shashi.

(As an astrologer, I know what happens in my grandson's life but as a grandfather I can't say anything except being silent.)

"Anduke kada miru pelliki rakapoyina nannu pampincharu." Satyavathi said and they had a smile.

(That's why you sent me to the marriage though you couldn't come.)

VaiShi smiled at them and accepted the jewels as they knew it's no use in arguing with them. And then Mythri gifted him a new watch knowing his liking for them.

Hemanth drew a picture of him as he's a professional artist and a persuing graduate in that field. Vaishnav was so impressed with the gift of his brother.

He looked at his father and took blessings from him. He looked at his mother who's busy in cleaning the home. He sighed and Shashi dragged her beside Chandra. They gave an envelope which they said to open it when they all will return to the Hyderabad.

Then everyone indulged themselves in the preparations of Deepawali. And all were ordered not to sleep if not they have to bath again.

Mythri sulked but covered up as she didn't want to face her mother's wrath. Same with the others though.

Evening much to Vaishnav's annoyance a cut was ordered by Shashi and he cut the cake.

It's a known fact that only elders ate the cake and the young ones just smeared on each other's face.

Everyone celebrated the festival with a lots of laughs, smiles, joy and happiness except Raghunath.

"Bava thatha enduku adola unnaru?" Shashi asked Vaishnav who was looking at the sky.

(Bava  why grandpa was like that?)

"Thelidu kaani thatha edo vishayam manaki cheppatledu anipistundi." He voiced out his thoughts.

(Don't know but I think he was hiding something from us )

"Neeku emaina thelsa?" He looked at her and nodded in no. She mouthed 'ok' and hugged him.