Chapter One: Easy On Me-EDITED

Dedicated to  @Believeeexoxo   because she inspired me to keep writing even though I was facing writers block, her books have inspired me to keep reading and to write something everyday. I want to thank you for your books and your compassion about writing. I hope I can write something as good as your books someday!  

INTRODUCTION:

"That's it you're fired." My boss yelled at me. "You can't keep getting our customer's orders wrong." He yelled.

"No, no, please. I need this job." I pleaded trying to save my job.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you stay. We have lost a large percentage of customers since you've been here. Get out now."

I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran out the door and hurried off to my apartment.

_______________________________________

20 minutes later in my apartment. May 29th

Oh, wait. I should probably introduce myself. My name is Katherine Eloise Blanchett, but you can call me Kate. I am 22 years old and well I just got fired from my job. If you are reading this- and I guess you are. Welcome to my diary, this is where I am going to start keeping the story of my life in this book and I hope you guys get something out of my mistakes.

I guess I should probably explain my situation a little. I live paycheck to paycheck, which is fine and all if you have an incoming paycheck, which I don't as of 20 minutes ago. Now I have to go find a job or else I am going to be evicted from my apartment. My landlord is already mad because I paid 2 days late last month so I already know he'll have no problem kicking me out. I'm going to warn you now that you seriously do not have to keep reading. It's up to you, but, know there will be a lot of drama and it may become very cheesy. So right now I am giving you the option to leave.

Well If you are reading this then you didn't take my advice, which means you are okay with drama and cheesiness. Don't say I didn't warn ya. ;)

First off I'd like to thank you for giving this book a chance. It means the world to me. Now let us get down to business.

_______________________________________________

A few days later- Job hunting. May 31st.

I looked online for some job options the last couple of days and have attended interviews on some. But, one offer in particular stood out to me. There was an opening for a secretary at Lancaster Enterprises. I decided to send my resume there and hope for the best.

After sending that email. I decided to take a warm bath to try to help with all the stress I was in. After a good half hour soaking in the bath with a lavender-scented bath bomb, I went to check and see if Lancaster Enterprises had gotten back to me.

I had 3 emails when I logged into my account. 1- from my friend Bella regarding her parent's 25th anniversary. 1- from Walmart and 1- from Lancaster Enterprises which I hit the open button.

Ms. Blanchett,

I am pleased that you submitted your resume. You are very much so qualified and I hope we can set up a meeting with Mr. Lancaster to go over the details. How does this afternoon at 2:30 sound? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Marie Newton

Secretary Of Lancaster Enterprises

Email: mnewton@lancasterenterprises.com

Phone: 555-5555 ext. 555

I decided to respond quickly.