Chapter Thirteen: Lunatic Fringe

Kate:

June 14th 9:00am

I feel like complete crap... I ate 4 slices of pizza and I've thrown it all up over the course of the last 9 hours. Right now I am sitting on my bed with Emmy and Bella who are keeping me company. I have 5 minutes until I check in with Blake for the first time this morning. I have a feeling he's going to make me go back to New York.

Then the phone rang...

"Hello." I said.

"Kate? Are you okay? You sound like crap. Have you been crying?" Blake asked like he was playing 20 questions with me.

"I am fine, I am just feeling a little under the weather today." I answered. Quickly I handed the phone to Emmy and ran to the bathroom.

"Hello." Emmy said.

"Um who is this?" Blake asked.

"It's Emmy, Kate ran to the bathroom and is throwing up." Emmy stated.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"No I've never seen her this bad to be honest. I'm kind of scared." Em said.

"I am booking you guys a private jet back to New York, it will leave in an hour, be ready. Come straight to the penthouse when you get back. I will be here waiting." Blake said.

"Okay, thank you Blake." Emmy said.

"Take care of her Emmy." Blake added.

"I will, don't worry." She confirmed.

Then Emmy ran to the bathroom where I was.

"We are leaving." She stated.

"No, I don't want to go." I whined.

"To bad, you're sick and you need to get some medical help." Emmy said.

"I am fine trust me." I whimpered.

"No, Emmy is right, Kate, you need to get back to NYC." Bella agreed.

"Blake has a plane ready for us in 45 minutes, so we need to get moving." Emmy said and grabbed some of my things and threw it in the suitcase.

"Kate, I can pack your stuff up, you go rest on the bed until the car arrives." Bella said.

"Call Lawrence and Gregory and tell them what's up." I said gesturing toward my phone.

Bella made the call and Lawrence and Gregory were in my room in a matter of minutes. Once everyone was packed. Lawrence picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car since I felt almost to weak to walk. My head was pounding, my stomach was in knots.

What was wrong with me? I wondered.

Once on the plane I fell into a deep sleep and before I know it I am at Blake's penthouse. I am being carried bridal style by him. Him... The Billionaire Blake Lancaster himself.

"H-i-i." I stuttered tiredly.

"Baby, you're awake. I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He whispered.

"It's okay. I need to be awake for a while. All I've done all day is sleep." I said.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Not really." I said honestly.

"I've called Dr. Mallard and he has agreed to come and see what's wrong." He stated studying me.

"Thank you." I answered.

"Of course, I'm not going to let my girlfriend just be in misery forever." He said and smiled a little.

"Fake girlfriend." I corrected, then his beautiful smile disappeared.

"Oh, yeah right." He said with a hint of sadness and maybe a little regret in his voice.

I put my hand on his after he set me down on the bed.

"I am going to grab you a warm towel for your head." He said.

I checked my phone messages after he left. I had 3 texts.

From Emmy: Hey bae, you feeling any better?

From Bells: Hey girly, hope you are feeling better. Just wanted to let u know Blake was waiting at the airport pacing back and forth waiting for us to land. I think he likes you way more than you think.

I replied to the first two then, This one made me anxious. I just left it on read.

From Unknown: You need to break the news to Blake now or else he won't see another day. I know you're sick so I will give you 2 days.

Then Blake returned with my towel.

"Here you go, love." He said kissing my cheek gently.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Anytime sugarplum." He responded. I raised my eyebrows.

"Sugarplum? Really?" I asked confused.

"You don't like it?" He asked and grinned.

"Please anything but Sugarplum." I pleaded.

"Okay then, Sweetheart it is." He smirked.

"Okay fine, I guess I really have no choice." I said because I was too weak to fight him.

He was taking care of me so well, I could tell he genuinely cared about me. I saw the way his face changed when I said fake girlfriend. He wanted more I could tell. But, I was too scared to want more. I didn't want him to become angry at me because I had caught feelings. But maybe he had too. I really needed to talk to Emmy and Bella about this. They had already said they could tell this wasn't fake anymore.

Was there something Blake hadn't told me? I can't blame him for not. I am holding back a secret too.

If the Unknown number was Mira, Blake would be furious but he would understand right? Oh, wait, he wouldn't know who it was because I can't tell him about my texts and calls. I only could tell him that I am a gold digger like the rest.

I knew right then and there that I was in love with Blake Lancaster. Why else would I feel like this. After thinking about this I had small tears forming. Blake must have noticed because he said.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I am fine. I just hate being sick." I lied.

"Come here." He said. I followed his directions and came to him. Then he pulled me into his arms and wrapped his muscular arms around me and I fell asleep on his chest. 

A/N: Isn't this just the cutest chapter???? Thank you guys for all the support!!!

I think we are making some progress!!!

Also note I've changed my username to @authorsadiewaldon just to keep y'all informed...

Please rememeber to vote, comment and share, oh yeah and rememeber to be AMAZING like always!!!!

Next update is next Thursday like usual!!! UNLESS we get 25 vote then you get an early update. ;) May the odds be ever in your favor as the great Effie Tricket would say...

Love you guys...