Chapter Four: The Devil Doesn't Bargain

Dedicated to her  Canadianism13 because she keep me inspired to write. And helped he keep going through writers block! <3

June 1st back at the penthouse.

Once we reached Blake penthouse. He led me into his large kitchen. It was very beautiful, very modern and very clean.

"I am going to make us some dinner anything in particular you'd like?" He asked.

"Nope anything is fine with me. Can I help make it?" I asked.

"Sure, how about tacos?"

"That sounds great." I answered.

We made tacos and ate them almost in silence. It was a very awkward experience.

I went to my room after I finished eating and decided to read a book. I chose the classic Pride & Prejudice by the amazing Jane Austen. I read a few chapters and then I decided to look around the penthouse some more.

I walked down the hallway from my room and saw a door cracked open and peeked inside, it looked like a library. I sneaked inside not knowing if I was okay to go in here or not. I looked around the shelves and picked up several books. There were a bunch of romance novel- my favorites in here. I doubted Blake read these, so I was wondering who did?

I was facing the book shelves, back to the door when I heard someone say. "What the hell are you doing in here?" It was Blake, his face was turning red, he was obviously pissed at me.

"Um oh, I-I-I am so sorry was I not supposed to come in here?" I said stuttering and scared, I had never seen Blake this mad before.

"No, Kate, you aren't supposed to be in here, who let you in?" He asked.

"Nobody, the door was cracked open." I answered trying to regain a little confidence.

"That is the maid's fault as this door is to be locked at all times. Do not come back in here." He warned.

"Ok sir." I said.

"Kate, what did I tell you about calling me sir, you are my 'girlfriend' now you must call me Blake." He answered.

"No, I can call you sir when there aren't people around you are still my boss and may I remind you this is all fake, and I am on the verge of quitting this contract as it is." I pleaded. "So sir, I am going to sleep now goodnight."

He stood there for a minute and and I tried to walk past him. He grabbed my arm and we locked eyes. I bit my lip. He stared right at them. He leaned forward, I closed my eyes thinking he was going to kiss me. I felt his hot breath on my face, it smelled of mint. He was so close to my lips, with just a centimeter away He whispered. "You look hot when you're mad." He whispered with his hot breath on my face. I opened my eyes and he was gone.

I looked around wondering where he went, but , he was no where to be seen. All I could think of was him. His warm breath so close to me. It was hot. I had butterflies in my stomach. Was I crushing on my boss? Wait no that goes against the contract. I decided to take a warm shower to clear my head, well actually it didn't help. Then, I went to sleep hoping in the morning I could wake up to find this was all a dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-A WEEK LATER-

JUNE 7th My room

It's been a week since Blake and I's hot moment. I've only seen him twice since then. Once walking out of the kitchen when I was walking in and yesterday when he told me we had a gathering to attend tonight. He was cold and very distant. He said the least amount of words he possibly could have.

I wore the dress Brenna, my maid picked out. It was a royal blue long dress with silver heels, I had my makeup done with a smoky eye and wore light lip gloss. I wondered what Blake would say. (Dress reference above, eye reference below)

I walked down to the living room where Blake was sitting waiting for me

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes, sir, I am ready."

"Kate, enough of that." He said.

"Ok, sorry." I said.

We walked to a limo that was waiting for us and Peter opening the door letting us in. I entered first and Blake followed.

The first several minutes of our drive were dead silence. I was nervous and anxious.

"What is wrong with you? Why have you been so cold to me these last couple days? Did I do something wrong?" I blurted out.

I covered my mouth and Blake just looked over at me.

"No, Kate, you didn't do anything wrong. I've just had a bad couple days at work. I lost a big deal and I am kind of pissed about it." He said.

"Oh." Was I managed to get out.

"And about that night in the Library. Lets forget it ever happened." He said.

"Forget it ever happened, are you kidding me. Am I the only one that felt something?" I said practically screaming.

"Yes, you are the only one that felt something." At that moment I was hoping he was lying.

"I see how it is." I said turning away from him.

"Kate don't be like that." He tried.

"No sir, I am done with this, please let me out." I said.

"No that goes against the contract." He stated, trying to convince me.

"Screw the contract." I said.

"Come on you look beautiful let's go have some fun at this party." He suggested.

"You think I look beautiful?" I asked shocked.

"Yes Kate, I always think you look beautiful." He said putting his hand on mine.

A single tear rolled down my face. He lifted his hand from mine and wiped my tear.

"Thank you, You look nice too." I said in barely a whisper. He pulled me into his chest.

"Thank you." He said.

Just then we approached the party venue. Peter opened the door and Blake stepped out first and then he helped me out. There was a red carpet there and there were many reporters taking pictures.

"Mr. Lancaster, who is that?" One reporter called.

"Mr. Lancaster is that your girlfriend?" Another called.

Blake leaned down and moved the hair away from my ear and whispered. "Ignore the paparazzi, just be yourself. My parents are going to be here and they're going to love you." He said.

I just nodded and followed his lead. We posed for a couple of pictures so the paparazzi would leave us alone.

"Yes, This is my girlfriend Kate." He responded. "No more questions please."

He fought his way through the reporters and then we walked into the beautiful mansion where the party was.

"Welcome to a rich people party." He stated as we walked in. "You are going to have a blast."

A/N: Chapter 4 is here, hope y'all enjoyed. 15 more votes for chapter 5!!! Lets do it.

Be sure to comment, share and vote, vote vote!!!!