Chapter Fourteen: Loving You Is A Losing Game (Arcade)

KATE:

June 14th 10:45 am

I woke up this morning still engulfed in Blake's arms. I slowly opened my eyes trying to see if he was awake. Thank goodness he wasn't. I unraveled our intertwined limbs and climbs out from beside him. Something in my gut said kiss his cheek. So I followed it. I gently pressed a kiss to his stubbly cheek. Then he smirked.

Oh no! I thought to myself. I was definitely going to regret that wasn't I. He's going to think I am falling for him.

I decided to to walk away before he could react or respond.

"Princess don't leave." He called from the bed.

"I have to pee." I responded.

He laughed. I peed quick and came back.

There was an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed your cheek." I said in a whisper since I was now close to him again.

"Kate, don't be sorry, instead next time go for the lips." He said. I then bit my lips because just the thought of him kissing me sends shivers down my spine. I didn't say anything in return either

"I'm not a patient man Miss Blanchett." He smirked. "Why don't you try the wake up kiss again. But, this time do it the right way." I blushed.

"Mr. Lancaster, that was a thank you kiss for one and for two wouldn't it be inappropriate for you to kiss your fake girlfriend since it's not needed to please the public currently?" I asked. He thought for a moment.

"That would be inappropriate." He concluded. "How about you become my real girlfriend?" He asked.

"W-what?" I asked in utter shock.

"Yes, Kate become my official real no contract girlfriend." He decided. "Say yes."

"I-I-I can't." I said suddenly remembering the unusual texts I've received.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I-I just can't." I answered with tears forming in my eyes.

"You've got to give me a better answer than that. I know you feel our chemistry, we belong together Kate." He said in a low voice. "You aren't like the other girls. You aren't after my money, fame, or business, you are perfect and beautiful in every possible way."

Welp... Here comes the tears. Trying to hold them back I say. "How do you know, maybe I'm just a gold digger like the others." I said and swallowed. That was the hardest thing I think I've ever said.

"I-I know you better than that Kate you aren't like that." He confirmed. I could see the hurt in his expression, it was written all over his face.

"No, I am like that Blake, haven't you realized? I am just after the money, so I can pay off my debts and be free from it all." I stated.

The tears officially were rolling down my face.

"I-I need to leave." I said grabbed my bag and walked away.

"Please don't go." He said grabbing my arm.

"I have to. You don't understand." I said, with tears burning my eyes. I turned around and walked away.

Once outside I caught a taxi to Emmy's house and hoped Lawrence and Gregory didn't follow. I knew I had just crushed Blake's heart and I felt so stupid and hurt myself doing so.

"Miss are you okay?" The taxi driver asked because he saw my tears.

"Yes, I am fine, can you please take me to 887 7th and Oak street please?" I asked givng him Emmy's address.

"Of course, ma'am. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you." He answered.

"Thanks." I responded.

I then reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone and texted the unknown number.

ME: It's done.

From Unknown: Good, now stay away from him or else there will be extreme consequences."

I put away my phone and got out of the dab since I had arrived at Emmy's house. The tears were still rolling down my face.

"Oh no, you told him didn't you about the weird caller?" Emmy asked and let me in.

"Y-yeah, and I did it when he said we should become officially gf/bf. I broke him Em, and don't think there's a way I can fix it." I said. She hugged me holding me super close.

"It's okay, Kate, I'm sure there's something you can do, but right now you are keeping him safe. I'm sure he'll forgive you once this is all over." Emmy said trying to give me the hope I needed. The trust is I don't want a small sliver of hope to keep me going, I need a big piece at this point.

"Did you tell him you wanted to be official too?" She asked gently.

"N-no, because the caller told me to end things. I didn't want him to be more hurt buy getting to know me more and then crashing his world down. I feel terrible Em, you have no idea just how bad and rotten I feel inside. Whoever is doing this to me is going to pay. I will make sure of that." I said.

"Deep breath Kate, in and out. We will find who did this." Emmy answered.

"We can't involve Blake though." I said. "Promise?"

"Of course. I can ask Arnold at the Bakery to help he is pretty good at hacking into things and I'm sure he could trace this number to whoever it belongs to." She said with a gentle smile.

I pulled the hair behind my ear. "Thank you Emmy, you are really such a great friend."

"Of course I'd do anything for you and Bells." She answered. "Speaking of Bella she should be here any minute. We were going to watch the new Addams family TV show called Wednesday. We were going to invite you, but you know you were at Blake's and I thought you wouldn't want to, but you are welcome to join us if you're up to it." She said happily trying hard to cheer me up.

"I heard that show is really good, I haven't had the chance to watch it, but I'd love to join you." I answered pinning a fake smile on my face to make it look as if I was a tad happier.

Bella arrived a minutes later and we sat in Emmy's bedroom and binged all 8 episodes. It was actually really good. But I am not going to give any spoilers, so you're going to have to watch it yourself. Then after the almost 8 hour binge-a-thon it was almost 2AM and we all crashed where we were laying in Em's room.

A/N: Whatcha guys think of the plot twist sort of, I guess people knew it was coming since the unknown caller but wait coming up will be a POV from Blake, a whole chapter as he tries to figure this whole mess apart.

So sorry for the late updates... Been locked out of my computer and still am so hopefully you guys are having a better day than me lol!

Please be sure to vote, comment and share, oh yeah and be AMAZING like normal!!!

And if you like what you're reading here, you can follow me for updates about this book, my new upcoming stories and my current ongoing and completed stories!!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <333333