Chapter Eighteen: The Last DJ

BLAKE:

"Sir, it says here her last known location is a block north of the park, 8th and Urban street." Lawrence said from the passenger seat.

"OK, let's hurry." I responded turning the car wheel to the left making a big u-turn now going in the right direction to 8th and Urban street.

When we approached the address Kate was last seen it was a small coffee shop.

I got out of the car and scanned the area looking for anything that would help me locate Kate. I looked around the tables at the shop when I noticed a reflection of something on the curb of the road, I walked toward it to see what it was and it was a cell phone. The phone was dead and I didn't know for sure if it was her phone because her phone case wasn't on it. I grabbed the phone and took it to my car where I had a charger and plugged it in.

Within a few minutes it was charged enough to turn it on. That's when I knew it was her phone because the background was a collage of pictures of her and I and her friends, Bella and Emmy.

I called Emmy quick and asked what Kate's phone password, she gave it to me and I unlocked the phone and looked through her most recent text messages to see if anything strange had gone on. There was an unknown number texting her about threats toward me. Saying if she didn't do what the unknown person said I would be in grave danger.

That's when it hit me this must be Mira. She threatened this last night. Did she already have her last night when we met? This had me wondering crucially for Kate's safety because I knew after what I had said last night Mira could and would go all out on her.

_____________________________________

KATE:

I don't know how long I've been in this so called dungeon but I am so ready to get out.

I haven't seen Mira in hours or either of her bodyguards. I haven't eaten in hours either and I am starving. Luckily when they left the last time they had left the light on and I don't think they locked the door.

So I got up slowly trying not to make any noise. I carefully crept toward the large metal door and turned the handle. Aha! I thought. It's unlocked. Boo ya!

Before walking through the door I peeked my head out to see if there were any guards or something, there was one guard to the left, but there was an exit door toward the right. The guards back was facing toward me so I could totally make it out if I was quiet. I walked through the metal door and carefully and as quiet as possible making sure the door doesn't make a sound. Then I tiptoed toward the exit door. Once upon the door I quickly exited making sure no sound came of my escape.

Once outside I scanned my location looking for obstacles and my best exit strategy. That's when I noticed three guards pacing patrolling there own designated areas. I looked back to where I came from and found I was right this was a large warehouse- not a basement. If I was to make it out of this alive I would have to sneak around the garbage cans toward the North, but I had to make it there first.

I was making my way toward the garbage cans trying to keep all three guards in my eye sight at all times. Which was very difficult since they were spread apart a ways. Once I reached the garbage cans I made my escape.

I found myself upon a paved road that I could go 4 directions. I had no idea where i was so I didn't know what road to take. I took a chance and went East because there were some cars coming from that direction which could mean the city is that way.

I walked for miles when finally I reached a small town. I found a public phone and borrowed from change from a local shopkeeper, because I told her when the person I am calling picks you up he will pay you handsomely. The lady also told me where I was. I was in a small town called Saylorville.

I dialed Blake's number.

"Hello, Blake Lancaster speaking." He said.

"Blake. I-it's me." I stuttered.

"Kate!? Where are you, I've got a man hunt going to find you." He asked.

"I am in a town called Saylorville. Apparently it's a small town east o the city about 30 miles a lady at a tiny shop told me." I continued. "Can you please come get me and bring some cash since Mira took my purse."

"Yeah I am on my way now honey, Mira though, I knew she was somewhat involved. Baby, I've got a lot to tell you, but why didn't you tell me about the threats?" He pursued.

"I was told if i told you that you would get hurt and I wanted to protect you. I know it was stupid and I should have told you I just wanted to keep you safe." I answered.

"Kate, you can tell me anything you know that. But I do appreciate you trying to keep me safe and I should have warned you about Mira. She is a bit of a sociopath. So I am truly sorry for putting you in danger." He apologized.

"Blake it's okay really, we can discuss it when you get here. In the mean time I am going to be at the bakery in this town called Carol's Bakery until you get here okay?" I confirmed.

"Okay, be safe and don't talk to anyone." He said.

"I will and I promise. Drive safe." I said hanging up. Now it's only a matter of time until he gets here. I really needed to feel his muscle-y arms around me making me feel safe and loved.

A/N: Thank you guys for reading!!! As always be sure to comment, vote, and share if you are able!!!

What do you guys think of Kate being her own savior? I didn't want her to seem as a damsel in distress, more of a independent woman. Do you think I sort of accomplished that?

Thank you again guys!!! Have a great day!!! Love you! <3