Chapter Twelve: One Dance

June 13th

Man, I don't know how to tell you this... Myrtle Beach is amazing! It's so calming to have this weekend away. I thought to myself as I was laying in bed not wanting to wake up Bella and Emmy,

I was so happy to have gone away for the weekend. But, I kept thinking about Blake. I was worried about his business meetings. I had hoped they had gone well. I haven't talked to him since I told him I had arrived. He just sent a thumbs up back. Very blunt.

Lawrence and Gregory have been keeping there distance but I still notice them everywhere I go. They are like guarding me but at afar. Which is good because I don't need them reporting back to Blake all the things I've been saying.

"Hey sleepyhead, you up?" Bella said as she gently knocked and walked in.

"Yeah, I am up." I said looking up from my notebook.

"Ohhh, you're writing in your diary." Bella giggled sitting down at the bottom of the bed.

"Yeah, I started writing in it a couple weeks ago and I am trying to become more consistent in writing it." I said.

"Oh cool beans. Em and I were gonna go to the spa wanna join?" She asked.

"Sure, I'd love to, lemme finished this real quick." I replied and I finished what I was writing.

Well I've gotta go, I'll write when I get back from the spa...

——————-

Several hours later...

I feel like a brand new person! Spa days are THE best.

I got a really rejuvenating facial and a really relaxing back massage. The girls and I had so much fun.

It really got my mind off of Blake too, I don't know why I keep thinking about him. His lips upon mine. He was a really good kisser. I'll admit that. Ugh... I need to stop this. We are FAKE dating, I'm not supposed to develop feelings for him.

I miss him though.

"Hey Kate. You want to get pizza with us?" Emmy asked.

"Sure, let's get sausage." I suggested.

"Sounds okay to me." Emmy said. "I think Bells will agree too."

"Bella, you good with sausage?" Em asked her.

"Sausage, what?" She replied looking confused.

"Pizza."Em said.

"Yeah that works for me." She said. Emmy went and ordered it and had it set to delivery so we could eat it here then go for a sunset beach walk.

I put on a pale pink sundress and a pair of camel colored wedge heels.

Then I heard a vibrating noise. Must be my phone I thought to myself. I dug around in my purse and pulled it out. I had 6 missed calls from Blake. I swiped the green button to answer.

"Hello." I said.

"Kate, are you okay? Why the hell aren't you answering your phone? Why aren't you with Lawrence and Gregory?" He practically screamed.

"Blake, I'm okay, we must have some what bad service here." I lied. "Gregory and Lawrence are guarding our room and I just got done at the spa."

"You cared the crap out of me Kate. If you are planning on staying there longer you will have to check in with me every 2 hours. Okay?" He said.

"Come on, I can handle myself. Nothing is going to happen to me." I said angrily.

"Either you call every 2 hours or you come back to New York." He said.