Chapter Sixteen: Haywire

KATE:

June 14th 1:55 pm.

I am waiting on the park bench nearest to the slide, I arrived about 5 minutes ago, not wanting to be late. I threw on some comfortable clothes because I didn't know how long this would take. I waited for another few minutes.

I started to get up and out of no where a large man grabs me by the wrist and puts a rag over my face, covering my nose and mouth. Within seconds everything became blurry and within a few more I completely blacked out.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER—(I feel as if I'm in another episode of sponge bob lol)

I woke up in a dark room with a window up near the ceiling. I assessed the situation. I was in a warehouse or basement, I concluded. My hands were tied together behind me with rope and I had several areas on my body which were in pain.. It was almost pitch black so I tried to feel my way around looking for a door with my feet. Then a door opened.

"Finally you're awake!" The lady who opened the door snarled turning on the light. She looked oddly familiar, I had seen her before. Aha, in Myrtle Beach! She was the lady who delivered the pizza I remembered. Shoot... The pizza I got sick on. The lady looked exactly like Blake's ex.... The bad ex.... Mira. Oh crap i thought. "I will untie you, but you can't run or else I will have my men shoot., Understand." She said stepping aside revealing 2 large men standing in the doorway.

I gulped scarily. "Y-yeah I won't run." I promised.

"Good." She said walking toward me with a knife to untie me with.

"Who are you?" I asked, not wanting to sound stupid saying- Hey Mira whats up?

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She snarled once more. "I'm sure Blake talked about me, he and I were in love and still are."

"M-Mira." I hesitated.

"I see he did talk about me, I know he can't resist me." She paraded herself around the room showing a beautiful royal blue dress.

"I'm going out with him tonight because he loves me and not you." She said. Everything she has said so far has been false so why should I believe her now?

"Jealous huh?" She asked.

"No, not really." I said trying to sound not interested. I wanted to keep Blake safe and knowing that she didn't know my true feelings would most likely help.

"Well lucky you... You get to watch it anyways. My glasses tonight have a hidden camera to record everything that we do." She explained. "So enjoy the show." She smirked. I wanted to smack her so hard so badly right now.

"Oh, trust me I will. You enjoy too." I said ensuring that the enjoy sounded really sarcastic.

Then she spun around and left... Was I mad she left? No, not really because now I didn't have to deal with her. But, yes at the same time because poor Blake had to deal with the crazy mad woman she's become.

Once she exited the room the bodyguards followed, luckily she left me untied and she left the light on. I scanned over my body looking for any injuries since my whole body ached.

My eyes gazed down my arms first and I noticed a few minor scrapes and bruises. There were a couple on my leg too, but what really what got my attention was that my leg seemed almost broken or sprained or something. I couldn't really move it. I wondered what they did to me when I was passed out.

I continued my assessment of myself and came up with the conclusion that there wasn't anything major wrong besides my leg. Which I had no where to run to anyways so it was okay for the time being. When Mira returns from her "date" I will try and have her get a doctor if she's kind enough to do that.

I sat back quietly and found my head laying on a pillow. Then a screen came on near one of the walls. It was the camera from Mira's glasses. She was in a fancy restaurant and she was walking toward Blake.

Blake looked pissed off sitting at the table in front of her. I was actually happy at the fact Blake was pissed at her because she deserved it the way she treated him.

"Mira, I know you've done something with Kate, where is she?" He asked straightforward.

"Oh look at you looking so handsome and nice. You know that's no way to treat your girlfriend." She smiled.

"Mira you aren't my girlfriend and never will be that again, hell you aren't even a friend at this point in time." He conceded.

Atta boy, Blake, I cheered silently in my head not knowing if there were hidden microphones or cameras in here, so I was playing it safe. I didn't want to give Mira any reason to hold me to something.

"Oh Blakey Boo I know you love me. You don't have to hide it now." She smirked. I cringed hearing the name Blakey Boo. Like um nope. Nobody calls him that. Ugh I cannot unhear that now.

"Mira for goodness sake stop suckering up to me and tell me where Kate is. I don't love you Mira and I can't believe I ever did years ago when you didn't really love me, you only loved my money, my possessions, my cars, and my fame." He stated angrily, he started getting heated up.

"I don't know where Kate is." She lied. Nobody gets away with lying to Blake straight faced. He's gonna flip out on her... This should be entertaining I thought.

"Sure, you don't Mir, I had Peter trace your phone you used to call and text Kate. I know about the threats. She kept her word though and didn't say a word to me. Though, I wished she had told me and we wouldn't be in this mess right now because I would have filed a restraining order against you long ago if I knew this was going to happen." He started spewing partially angrily and partially amused by the fact she thought she was going to get away with this.

"And how dare you think kidnapping my girlfriend, and threatening to hurt or do something to me is going to hep you get back with me?" He asked amused.

"I-I don't know." She said in barely a whisper. You could tell he was embarrassing her now in front of the whole restaurant.

"Yeah, I'm sure you don't have you even thought this through? YOu are going to go to jail for years on charges of kidnapping and blackmail and attempted murder. Because I know you food poisoned Kate's food in South Carolina." He answered.

Dang this was better than watching a soap opera. He was sticking up for me. Maybe I will reconsider his offer of becoming his real girlfriend. I mean I really already wanted to accept but because of Mira I declined his offer.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said. Dang girl, you kidnap someone, poison their food and threaten their boyfriend and all you say is I'm sorry. That's just messed up.

A/N: Hey guys!!! Chapter Sweet 16 is finished! Hope y'all enjoy, It was 1:30am when I finished writing this lol. =)

Thank you all for all the love and support. Please be sure to Vote Comment and share if you like what you're reading.

And if you like my writing, writing style or books be sure to follow me for updates and news about my new, upcoming, and already published stories!!!

Love you guys!